My new BIOS settings make me dumb!

G

I flashed my A7V from version 1004 to 1008, and it's kinda more stable, but there is a new option in ADVANCED options called S2K Strength setting, by default it's disabled, I enabled it and I can set strength from 0 to 7, I set to 7, don't see much difference, though what does it do??? Do I want it DISABLED? or set somehere from 0 to 7? This feature appeared to be ONLY in 1008 version so the manual doesn't say. Anybody can help?
Thank, you!

G

I don't have an answer for you, but I have a related problem regarding the 1008 Bios for my A7V also. Maybe we can both get an answer....mine has to do with restarting from Win98 (as opposed to just shutting down). When restarting my PC won't reboot! It just beeps at me. I can't even power off. I have to hit reset, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Had the 1003 Bios before the flash to 1.08 and never experienced this problem before. Is there a Bios setting I need to change in 1008?

G

Try POWER settings and did yo build your computer yourself? if yo did, then check the wires that go to the power botton. I had wierd problems when I first flashed it, then I flashed it back to 1004 and back to 1008 - try it, might hepl.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
see if you can determine if "fast shutdowns" is enabled in win 98 se it can do stuff like that with some mobo's ( I can't use it for instance with my asus cusl2-c) I'm sorry but I forget where it is located perhaps someone here recalls where to find that option

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm sorry but I forget where it is located perhaps someone here recalls where to find that option
It's in <b>System Configuration Utility</b> (by typing <font color=red>msconfig</font color=red> at <b>RUN command</b>), and click on <b>Advanced</b>.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.