system restore, no restore points

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

can anyone help me , i am rather puzzled, i have always had my system restore
on to create restore points, i have used it two or three times , very handy
it is,but today i went to restore back a couple of days as i have a minor
problem , but for some strange reason there were no restore points, i checked
and it is definatly set to create restore points , and usually there are a
few to choose from , when you go into it, does anyone know why this has
happened, i am on windows xp home, sp1, virus free , (it gets run every day),
no spyware ,i run spybot s/d and spywareblaster and they are clear, i cant
understand it, anyone any ideas , much thanks in advance

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

Its ok folks , checked out Kellys corner, got directions there to look for
help and found out the problem, had to go to event viewer, there was an
unexpected error processing the file 'autoexecold.bat'on ' harddisk volume1'
all double dutch to me anyway , i was directed to a webpage and got this

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1
Source: sr
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVMSG_DISABLEDVOLUME
Message: The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '%2'
while processing the file '%3' on the volume '%4'. It has stopped monitoring
the volume.

Explanation
System Restore encountered an error when backing up a protected file. This
error causes System Restore to stop copying files and purge all existing
restore points. System Restore will automatically restart after the next
restore point is created.

when i went in and saw sytem restore had not created restore points i made
one myself , so it hopefully will get it back on track , fingers crossed,
thanks anyway