D-Link DI-514 and DHCP

I have DHCP enabled and a number of computers hooked up to my DI-514.
The July firmware update has been installed. When I go to the router's
DHCP configuration window there are no clients listed. How do I get the
connected clients to show up?

I am using Windows XP Home on most of the computers. 1 has Mepis Linux
running. If I run ipconfig/all I get the necessary information back.

Rick Ankrum

I have a DI-524 router, and on the DHCP page it lists the statically
and dynamically assigned IP addresses along with MAC addresses, host
names, and lease expiration times. This appears at the *very* bottom
of the page. Please confirm that you are not seeing any hosts at this
page. Are you even seeing the table headers for the static and dynamic
lists?

I see a few possibilities why this information is not showing up.
First, the version of the firmware you have loaded on the router may
not be the same version as mine. Your static and dynamic dhcp leases
might appear on another page. Second, your router may not have any
active leases. When you run "ifconfig -a" on linux and "ipconfig /all"
on windows, are you seeing an active DHCP leases issued to the
machines?

-Geoff

ggwilson@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a DI-524 router, and on the DHCP page it lists the statically
> and dynamically assigned IP addresses along with MAC addresses, host
> names, and lease expiration times. This appears at the *very* bottom
> of the page. Please confirm that you are not seeing any hosts at this
> page. Are you even seeing the table headers for the static and dynamic
> lists?
>
> I see a few possibilities why this information is not showing up.
> First, the version of the firmware you have loaded on the router may
> not be the same version as mine. Your static and dynamic dhcp leases
> might appear on another page. Second, your router may not have any
> active leases. When you run "ifconfig -a" on linux and "ipconfig /all"
> on windows, are you seeing an active DHCP leases issued to the
> machines?
>
> -Geoff

I have changed routers to a Linksys WRT54G and the problem seems to be
solved.

--
http://www.texbiker.net -- Texas Bicycling Information Central.