tommy888

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
I'm currently using PC100 SDrams for the CUBX board but I want to replace these with PC133 SDrams. Is this possible as the manual indicates that support is only for PC100/66 SDram. Can anybody please help?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes, you can use them, they are backwards compatable.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes you can use it. its backwards compatible and in fact you can also set some lower CAS timing, 2 or 2.5 with this stick on 100 MHz FSB boards.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, keep in mind, you won't get 133 MHz. on these new memory DIMMs... unless you overclock the snot out of your BX chipset! The problem with the old BX is the chipset itself can take the overclock, but the rest of the system likely can't... unless you carefully select your AGP and PCI cards.

So like everyone says, they should work just fine, but you won't get PC133 performance.

Also, I've had some problems with memory sticks with chips on only one side of the stick. Put these into a BX chipset motherboard and they only register as half the size! So be sure these new memory sticks work on the older BX motherboards. (Note, the guys down at the PC store had no idea about this half size problem... but I tried the stick in three different systems with the same result. I then put the stick on my newer A7V-133 system and it worked just fine.)

Scout

TRENDING THREADS