BFBC2 framerate and ping

civicsoldier

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
OK i just got bad company 2 recently and the first week it ran flawlessly now all of a sudden the last 5 days now at the start of an online match and at random times during it the frame-rate would drop to maybe 1-2 frames and my ping would skyrocket for a couple of seconds which would cause me to be booted out so this can be really annoying. is there something wrong with my hardware maybe? but i played the new dues ex game and had no problems running it on max settings with no framedrops or anything.

AMD Phenom II x4 840 processor
Ati Radeon HD 6850
8gb of RAM
Windows 7 x64bit

civicsoldier

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
ya i only had the game for a week then it started happening, i even ask EA about this and they just told me its an issue being resolved though i think this has always been a problem and i dont expect much from them. could it be my hardware because a week ago i may of had a powersurge because my computer unexpectdly shut off on me and it wouldnt come back on for 5 minuets though i had power

Sc21Fuego

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I have the exact same issue - I played the game fine on my 8800 GTS, now i have a XFX HD 6850 and can't run this game worth a darn. I do fine with NFS: HP, Deus Ex, Dragon age 2, really anything i throw at it just gets eaten up, except this game. I played it for a good 2 hours yesterday morning, turned off the computer, got home that night and tried to play again - no dice. Turned all the settings down, still gets 5~10 fps. I have no clue what's wrong here, and this is the only thread I've found describing the issue. Please help!