VX6100 Sound Quality.

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 25, 2004 4:14:36 PM

Just got the vx6100 on NE2 (previous phone was v60i)
Alot of times (not always) there's a crackling sound when on a call.
Whoever i'm talking to doesn't say anything about the sound, so I
assume it's just on my end.
Like the phone otherwise.
Anyone else have complaints about the sound?

LV

More about : vx6100 sound quality

Anonymous
November 25, 2004 5:47:15 PM

I activated my new VX6100 on Tuesday of this week (in Los Angeles, CA).
First thing I noticed was audio distortion and/or crackling on my
speakerphone, and a very "muffled" quality on the handset. I called LG at
800-243-0000,3,1,1 and raised my concerns about the muffled handset audio.
The tech I spoke with said that LG was aware of the problem, and working on
a "patch" to fix this problem.

Other than the poor audio quality, I'm very happy with this phone. BTW,
the VX4500 sounded much better, both on the speakerphone and the handset.

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me, just pull 'my-leg.'

"Jay" <scatman@jazzy.org> wrote in message
> Just got the vx6100 on NE2 (previous phone was v60i)
> Alot of times (not always) there's a crackling sound when on a call.
> Whoever i'm talking to doesn't say anything about the sound, so I
> assume it's just on my end.
> Like the phone otherwise.
> Anyone else have complaints about the sound?
>
> LV
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 3:14:59 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:47:15 -0800, "Peter Sale"
<psale@adelphia.my-leg.net> wrote:

>I activated my new VX6100 on Tuesday of this week (in Los Angeles, CA).
>First thing I noticed was audio distortion and/or crackling on my
>speakerphone, and a very "muffled" quality on the handset. I called LG at
>800-243-0000,3,1,1 and raised my concerns about the muffled handset audio.
>The tech I spoke with said that LG was aware of the problem, and working on
>a "patch" to fix this problem.
>
>Other than the poor audio quality, I'm very happy with this phone. BTW,
>the VX4500 sounded much better, both on the speakerphone and the handset.

Hi... A few days ago I posted something about my "crackling" during a
voice call problem, and it's the same where only I can hear it and not
the other party.

Don't count on it.. I've had this problem in the general L.A. area for
like 2 years. I reported it, Verizon was quite persistant in trying
to locate and diagnose the problem, including 3 follow-ups to me at my
house #, but they didn't find any problem!

dunno, but it's getting quite annoying.
November 26, 2004 3:19:42 AM

On 25 Nov 2004 13:14:36 -0800, scatman@jazzy.org (Jay) wrote:

>Just got the vx6100 on NE2 (previous phone was v60i)
>Alot of times (not always) there's a crackling sound when on a call.
>Whoever i'm talking to doesn't say anything about the sound, so I
>assume it's just on my end.
>Like the phone otherwise.
>Anyone else have complaints about the sound?
>
>LV

Here's what I posted about the same problem. I'm in Los Angeles.

Hi gang, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy
I can't believe I'm just posting about this now, although this board
may not be the best forum for Verizon network probs.

Anyway, for quite a while now actually, I've had inconsistent in-call
issues, whether I made an outgoing or recieved an incoming call.

Problem: During the call, there's a one-sided (only I hear it through
the VX6000, and not the other party) and quite annoying 'crackling'
throughout the whole call, and it happens completely randomly, with
regard to service area, and time. I live in Hollywood, Los Angeles
area, and this has happened randomly in different places throughout
the city. It's intermittant basically, and the crackling (it's more
crackling than it is a generallyunderstood perception of static). Is
this a sever static perhaps? I have no idea in the technical realm of
these issues.

But, it's quite annoying, and there's a recent epiphany too.... A new
"cutting off" and echoing from the "other" party only, even during
excellent reception/signal bar. The other party can hear me just fine.
Moreover, this actually has happened 3 or 4 times on my voicemail! I
suppose it could be the phone (yes it has been dropped a few times) or
specifically a Verizon issue, especially for the former problem of the
crackling.

All above stated problems occur during varying signal/reception
situations, including excellent signal.

The Verizon store did a software upgrade yesterday, for which I waited
somewhere between 20-25 minutes.

Problem #1 - "Crackling": Intermittant, never goes away unless I call
back the same number, and that doesn't always fix the problem.

Problem #2 - the new "cutting off" / "delay" / slight "echoing" from
the other party: new but actually relatively high occurance rate,
compared to 1st problem. To me, personally, I'd say that the 1st
problem is an intermittant, but rather generally consistent (all
customers) Verizon network based problem. This 2nd rediculously
annoying problem has been happpening now for about 2 weeks, and I
can't continue the call, it's impossible, so I must ask them to call
me back, or I just call.

Strange.

Well, I'm going back to the store to ask for a new phone, since my
phone is still about 5 months old, so under the one year warranty. I
suppose since I took them up on this software update offer, they
should be quite willing to replace my phone, no?

Also!!! On the first "crackling" problem..... almost forgot to
mention: I did call tech. support Verizon, and they were quite
admirably, willing to specifically test the problem report back and
follow-up repeatedly which I was impressed about. But the conclusion
still was that they didn't find a problem!!

So I'm confused at this point.

Ideas?
November 28, 2004 7:32:25 PM

Is this problem happening outside the LA area?

--

Gary

!