explorer.exe application error

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After installing windowsxp sp2
when i right click on an icon on the desktop i get

the instruction at "0x0lad415b" referenced memory
at "0x00000000" the memory could not be Written"

is there a way to fix this

I just had problems with explorer.exe and right-clicks
etc after installing SP2. I eventually figured it was a
SP2 problem and sure enough, I uninstalled it thru
add/remove programs list and after it uninstalled and my
system rebooted, I am back to normal <knocks on wood> I
think I will refrain from installing SP2 until more bugs
are worked out. BTW, I had this happen on 2 of my
systems...not sure exactly where the conflicts lie.