IronManRR

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001
I just bought an Epox 8k7a. Will receive it in few days. Since I bought it, I read that there are many issues with the board....mostly the 686b southbridge.....«[-peep-] VIA idiots».

1- With all the new drivers and bios installed...is it ok to plug my Sb live value ( the original)

2- To I have to install VIA shitty 4-1

3- To i have to install AMD Drive pack 1.2

4- Any other issues that i should be aware off???

5- Is it ok to plug my Vantec 6035D on my mobo fan header??

The Bodybuilder computer Geek!!
It is better to die on ur feet then lives on ur knees.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Take your sound card and sell it on Ebay, then buy yourself a Philips Acoustics Edge--all problems solved.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

G

Epox 8K7A is a good o/c board and the 686B is fine when its set up properly, Sb live has some issues with Via so dont use it. Not a good idea if that Vantec is a 7000rpm fan as it does draw a lot of power, get a 3 pin to 4 pin molex adapter then unclip the rpm wire (usually the other wire thats not red or black) > put that in a new 3 pin plug in the corresponding position> plug it into the MB header and wallah! you have rpm readings and the correct power supplied.

Medication helps :smile:
<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>