Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

when I run disk clean-up it starts the performance bar and
states it is checking compressed disk space but does not
move on. I have left this running for over 24hrs and
nothing happens
What is the problem?

Colin

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812248

Disk Cleanup Utility Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812930

Why does Disk Cleanup freeze?

Disk Cleanup - Compressed Old Files Freezes (Line 48)
To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer
yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the
file and selecting Edit.

Restore Disk Cleanup - cleanmgr (Line 84)