Troubleshooting boot issues can be a bit difficult to handle. Below is some
information on a tool called MSConfig. Below that are some links
containing detailed descriptions of the tabs within the program and their
functions and boot-up troubleshooting techniques.

If you are unfamiliar with MSConfig it is a program created to help
diagnose boot issues. The msconfig file is a simple stand-alone program so
it runs on any computer, you just have to get the correct version, the
win98 version works in win98 and NT 4 and some early versions of win2000
the XP version works on XP and later versions of 2000. With XP you can run
MSConfig from the Start - Run then type MSConfig. However with 2000 you
will need to download a copy of the MSConfig utility from either a Windows
98 Cd or XP CD and double click the executable (it has a GUI so no need for
command window).

The following are links to help describe the MSConfig utility and how to
troubleshoot with it:

- Description of MSConfig and it's use

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
us/msconfig_usage.mspx

- Description of all the tabs and their use

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us
/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmb_t
ol_dxth.asp

- Troubleshooting boot issues with the msconfig utility

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

Good Luck

Best Regards,
Jody Atkins
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.