rundll32.exe

Everytime I shutdown I am getting the following:

Ending program: rundll32.exe

Eventually it says not responding, and if I close, then
the system shuts down.

Can anyhone help me - thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about rundll32

    Troubleshooting boot issues can be a bit difficult to handle. Below is some
    information on a tool called MSConfig. Below that are some links
    containing detailed descriptions of the tabs within the program and their
    functions and boot-up troubleshooting techniques.

    If you are unfamiliar with MSConfig it is a program created to help
    diagnose boot issues. The msconfig file is a simple stand-alone program so
    it runs on any computer, you just have to get the correct version, the
    win98 version works in win98 and NT 4 and some early versions of win2000
    the XP version works on XP and later versions of 2000. With XP you can run
    MSConfig from the Start - Run then type MSConfig. However with 2000 you
    will need to download a copy of the MSConfig utility from either a Windows
    98 Cd or XP CD and double click the executable (it has a GUI so no need for
    command window).

    The following are links to help describe the MSConfig utility and how to
    troubleshoot with it:

    - Description of MSConfig and it's use

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
    us/msconfig_usage.mspx

    - Description of all the tabs and their use

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us
    /Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmb_t
    ol_dxth.asp

    - Troubleshooting boot issues with the msconfig utility

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

    Good Luck

    Best Regards,
    Jody Atkins
    Microsoft Online Support Engineer
    from your issue.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

    --------------------
    | From: "GDD" <lakerabun5959@alltel.net>
    | Sender: "GDD" <lakerabun5959@alltel.net>
    | Subject: rundll32.exe
    | Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 05:42:02 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
    |
    | Everytime I shutdown I am getting the following:
    |
    | Ending program: rundll32.exe
    |
    | Eventually it says not responding, and if I close, then
    | the system shuts down.
    |
    | Can anyhone help me - thanks.

Rundll32 Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP