Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • Power
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2001 4:23:44 PM

Alright, well it seems that I'm the one that posts strange requests around here ;)  Alright, I'm tryin to run a computer in my car, so I need it to run with very little power (not as obscene as a labtop, but close). How can I get it running with the least power? Right now I only have the bare components, 1 hard drive, motherboard + athlon CPU, fan, power supply, graphics/sound (i'm thinking of removing these two and using the built-in MB sound). What's the watts rating on these components, and is there any way I can get it to run w/ less power? I am looking to use a max of 200 watts, hopefully a lot less.

More about : computer power watts

August 28, 2001 4:37:54 PM

What are you using to supply power to it?

:cool: <font color=blue>I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2001 5:04:10 PM

I have gauge wire going from the car battery (which is connected to the alternator) going to the trunk, where I have the gauge wire connecting to an inverter (300 watts, 600 peak) where the computer connects to.
Related resources
August 28, 2001 6:45:43 PM

You could hook up a ups to your inverter and charge it up before you stick it in there and that should last you.

:cool: <b>Change the sig of the week!</b> :cool:
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!!
August 28, 2001 8:14:18 PM

I have also wanted to try this on my truck. I thought about using a dc to ac that plugs in your cig lighter and then you can plug your computer or TV in it. I have not try this and have not done allot research on this yet. What are you doing about vibration and display?

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>
August 28, 2001 8:43:32 PM

the wires going to your cig lighter aren't a heavy enough gauge to handle that many watts.

:cool: <b>Change the sig of the week!</b> :cool:
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!!
!