Router ID stored on PC anywhere?

robin

I wanted to change the NAT settings on my Linksys BEFW11S4
wireless router to allow the hosting of internet gaming. I
set up my router a LONG time ago, and was ignorant enough
about networking to have not written down my user name and
password. Is this information stored ANYWHERE on my PC?
I'd have to move my whole PC to reconfigure my router
because I only have cable modem access in one room.

Thanks

Alan

Not sure, but isn't the default username:'admin' and the default
password:'password'? (the Linksys site will tell you in the support
section). If you changed the default settings though, I'm pretty sure they
aren't stored anywhere...

al

Alan Wrote:
> Not sure, but isn't the default username:'admin' and the default
> password:'password'? (the Linksys site will tell you in the support
> section). If you changed the default settings though, I'm pretty sure
> they
> aren't stored anywhere...
>
> al

On the linksys routers, there is no default username (ie: leave it
blank), and the default password is 'admin'...

Hope this helps :)

--
Indy
http://forums.speedguide.net

Robin wrote:

> I wanted to change the NAT settings on my Linksys BEFW11S4
> wireless router to allow the hosting of internet gaming. I
> set up my router a LONG time ago, and was ignorant enough
> about networking to have not written down my user name and
> password. Is this information stored ANYWHERE on my PC?
> I'd have to move my whole PC to reconfigure my router
> because I only have cable modem access in one room.
>
> Thanks

If you power down the BEFW11S4, wait 30 secs, then power it back
up, it should revert to the default settings. Amongst other
params, the username is "" (blank) and the password is "admin".

The bad news is that a hard reset (above) may disable wireless;
that's why users are advised to have one wired connection from
a PC that can manage the router. If you are lucky, wireless
may not be totally disabled, but the SSID will revert to default
and WEP will be turned off.
--
Cheers, Bob

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:15:04 GMT, Bob Willard spoketh

>If you power down the BEFW11S4, wait 30 secs, then power it back
>up, it should revert to the default settings. Amongst other
>params, the username is "" (blank) and the password is "admin".

No. You also need to hold in the reset button. Simply cutting power will
not reset the settings...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

robin

"Lars M. Hansen" <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:15:04 GMT, Bob Willard spoketh
>

> >If you power down the BEFW11S4, wait 30 secs, then power
it back
> >up, it should revert to the default settings. Amongst
other
> >params, the username is "" (blank) and the password is
"admin".

> No. You also need to hold in the reset button. Simply
cutting power will
> not reset the settings...
>

> Lars M. Hansen
> http://www.hansenonline.net
> (replace 'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Thanks for the info everyone.