eBay Batteries

I shudder to ask this but has anyone bought batteries on eBay for a Samsung
that say they are OEM batteries? Specifically for an A-650 the extended
battery is about 1/2 OEM price at the VZW store. I know who can be trusted
on eBay when I look for ancient coins but not for cell phone batteries.

--
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence-three times is enemy action."

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Oliver Cromwell" <rosewar12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I shudder to ask this but has anyone bought batteries on eBay for a
Samsung
> that say they are OEM batteries? Specifically for an A-650 the extended
> battery is about 1/2 OEM price at the VZW store. I know who can be
trusted
> on eBay when I look for ancient coins but not for cell phone batteries.

Not Samsung but have never found any LG batteries that were supposed to be
OEM that even fit properly.

> --
> "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence-three times is enemy action."

"Oliver Cromwell" <rosewar12@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10qeelecvdeudaa@corp.supernews.com>...
> I shudder to ask this but has anyone bought batteries on eBay for a Samsung
> that say they are OEM batteries? Specifically for an A-650 the extended
> battery is about 1/2 OEM price at the VZW store. I know who can be trusted
> on eBay when I look for ancient coins but not for cell phone batteries.

I have bought quite a few, most were okay--an occassional bad one, but
the prices make it worth while--I look for the oem's when
avaialble--however, batteries espeically li-on's began to degrade the
day they are made, so a 2 yr old oem, might only be 75% capacity,
etc---still if the price is right.

Also, some of the sellers have some type of guarantee, for what that
may be worth.

On 2004-11-26, George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Not Samsung but have never found any LG batteries that were supposed to be
> OEM that even fit properly.

I've only bought one battery on ebay, for an LG VX4400. It's a
true LG battery as far as I can tell. Certainly it fits fine in both
the phone and the charger. I don't think it's that hard to find true
oem batteries on ebay, as long as you avoid the ones that are obviously
priced too cheap.

When it comes to eBay I trust all my cell phone needs to these people:

http://stores.ebay.com/Zwirelessinc-com

truly stellar customer service.

And I believe they have what your are looking for right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20374&item=5734150424

-julie

PS no, this is not an advertisement for this seller, I just happen to be one
of their VERY happy customers.

"Oliver Cromwell" <rosewar12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I shudder to ask this but has anyone bought batteries on eBay for a Samsung
>that say they are OEM batteries? Specifically for an A-650 the extended
>battery is about 1/2 OEM price at the VZW store. I know who can be trusted
>on eBay when I look for ancient coins but not for cell phone batteries.
>

> --
> "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence-three times is enemy action."

Got it. Thanks to all.