Solved

System restore

I have my computer set up all the latest drivers installed and it is exactly how I want it. I disabled system restore to conserve the SSD because I read somewhere to do this. I would like to create just 1 restore point to right where everything is now because problems always come up in the future. I would like to be able to rollback to these exact settings. How can I do this without enabling system restore and having continuous restore points created? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system restore
  1. Or could I turn the system restore on so that the data gets saved to the HDD and doesnt effect the SSD?
  2. Best answer
    It sounds like you want to create a backup image of your installation. This will take a snapshot of your SSD that you can go back to at any time.

In order to do this, you must have a separate partition or preferably a separate hard drive to save the image to. Instructions can be found here.
  3. Got it thank you.
  4. Best answer selected by overbet.
  5. To restore the image, just boot up to your Windows 7 installation disc, and select restore image. It will ask where you saved the image and go from there.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Computers System Restore Windows 7