Sign in with
Your question
Solved

System restore

Last response: in Windows 7
September 28, 2010 3:12:52 PM

I have my computer set up all the latest drivers installed and it is exactly how I want it. I disabled system restore to conserve the SSD because I read somewhere to do this. I would like to create just 1 restore point to right where everything is now because problems always come up in the future. I would like to be able to rollback to these exact settings. How can I do this without enabling system restore and having continuous restore points created? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

More about : system restore

September 28, 2010 3:30:51 PM

Or could I turn the system restore on so that the data gets saved to the HDD and doesnt effect the SSD?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2010 6:07:06 PM

It sounds like you want to create a backup image of your installation. This will take a snapshot of your SSD that you can go back to at any time.

In order to do this, you must have a separate partition or preferably a separate hard drive to save the image to. Instructions can be found here.
Related resources
September 28, 2010 6:23:47 PM

Got it thank you.
m
l
September 28, 2010 6:26:33 PM

Best answer selected by overbet.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2010 6:49:19 PM

To restore the image, just boot up to your Windows 7 installation disc, and select restore image. It will ask where you saved the image and go from there.
m
l
!