Help Im Stuck!

G

My computer has until recently been working fine (supermicro Piiiscd Piii700 100mhz 250mb ram)nothing special for no reason it will not run into windows (W2k sp2)it runs through bios fine starts windows and just as it is about to load goes into what can best be described as suspend mode but will not wake and needs to be rebooted from mains.
I have flashed the bios reset bios defaults unplugged everything removed all cards cd floppy swapped ram etc tried another graphics card formatted and attempted to reinstall windows all to no avail...
Has anyone come across a similar problem? is it my motherboard? no error codes or beeps.. help before i spend money on stuff i already have!

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Do you have an "Emergency Recovery Disk" (ERD)? If you do you can bootup with the Win2k CD ROM and choose to repair Win2k with the ERD. But first before you do that, check and see if all your PCI/AGP/ISA cards, cable connection, power cables, DIMM's are all seated securely. Hopefully this is something not as serious as you may think.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

G

Thanks for the tips I had started an fdisk and reformat and the symptom came back so I now have a nice shiny QDI motherboard and am reinstalling W2k once again all seems well (fingers crossed)
I will look at the SuperO board when I have calmed down!

Bruiser