clayton

Hello
Have a question....
I am running a fresh install fully updated and configured
Win XP Pro SP1 on one of our Dell C840 laptops.
I have Auto Updates enabled.
However I have noticed that the icon in the system tray
claims it is "downloading" updates....
The problem is...is that it never shows any progress other
than 0% (zero%)...no matter how long I wait..
So...I went out to Windows Update manually and got all
updates except for SP2 went through the standard reboots
and still the icon shows the same....?
I went online to the Technet Online Concierge Chat and the
techs there are stumped?
For now I have disabled auto updates and the icon finally
went away but as soon as I enable it again it comes back.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I have dial-up ISP service. On 8/10/2004, my computer
started downloading increments of SP2. It is now
10/5/2004, and I received increment number 69 this
morning. I believe it is getting near the final stages
before declaring the update ready for installation. This
belief is based on the fact that on 9/23/2004, it
downloaded the "update Windows Service Pack Setup" and
the "update Setup Information" was modified 10/5/2004.
Also, the folder contains 77.0 MB of data. What puzzles
me, however, is why it persists in downloading all these
increments, when I installed SP2 from the CD on 9/3/2004.
If you care to check your computer, look in
C:>Windows>SoftwareDistribution>... .
Hope this sheds some light on your situation.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

im having the same exact problem! it says downloading 0%
but never goes away or downloads anything. Every board
ive posted at no one answers me and everyone ive talked
to has no clue how to fix it. Any help would be wonderful!