Bug in XP SP2 USB driver ?

I'm having a problem, when I enable my USB port my CPU
load will increase to about 50-60% just due to hardware
interrupts coming from the scanner attached to that USB
port. I've been looking around the KB articles and found
the Q303777 article which looked promising, however it
does not help me, which could be related to me running a
Canon CanoScan 3000F scanner and not a Visioneer scanner.

Any ideas what to do except disabling the driver via
device manager any time I do use it ? (Gets quite hard for
some of the users who are not administrators on the
machine to use it then...)

Mikael Rönnbäck wrote:
> I'm having a problem, when I enable my USB port my CPU
> load will increase to about 50-60% just due to hardware
> interrupts coming from the scanner attached to that USB
> port. I've been looking around the KB articles and found
> the Q303777 article which looked promising, however it
> does not help me, which could be related to me running a
> Canon CanoScan 3000F scanner and not a Visioneer scanner.
>
> Any ideas what to do except disabling the driver via
> device manager any time I do use it ? (Gets quite hard for
> some of the users who are not administrators on the
> machine to use it then...)

Remove the scanner software from add/remove programs, including the
TWAIN component if it is installed there. Then Device Manager, View
Hidden Devices, and remove every instance of the scanner from scanners
and cameras and the USB section. Reboot, reinstall the scanner exactly
as instructed by Canon; usually install software and driver without the
scanner connected.