Annoying problems!

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I am experiencing problems with my Abit VA6 motherboard, sometimes (about 1 of 50 times) my computer refuses to start.
All I get is a long beep followed by 3 short ones, then nothing happens...
I turn off the computer and start it up again, and then (maybe) it works just fine.
My first Abit VA6 board just gave up and stopped working, I got a new one...and it´s not much better, I´m starting to get mad at this crappy board.
I have replaced ALL my other parts in the system, so my conclusion is that it has to be the mobo that is giving me the trouble.
if someone has some sort of advice concerning this I would really appreciate it...thanks!
(I´m especially interested in meaning of the "beep-codes")

Sys:
P2-450
256MB-pc133
IBM 60GXP deskstar
GeforceMX200
Abit VA6 mobo
Power, 350w

Abit VA6

Mensåatt

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Try reseating your AGP card. Also here is a site that might help you on beep codes. I am sure there are plenty out there. This is the first one I pulled up on a search.

Sorry forgot to give you the site?
http://webpages.charter.net/dperr/beepcode.htm

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue> <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juice on 08/30/01 07:38 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Yep...
I have even tried with a friends cpu and the dimms are brand new.
I have checked all connections on the board as well, there are no screws touching vital parts.

Mensåatt

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
yes, I also came to that conclusion after I checked what different Beep-codes could mean.
However, I find it confusing because I just bought a new Graphics-card and I strongly doubt that the problem is caused by that...So it HAS to be(?) the mobo that is giving me a hard time!
Oh my! isn´t the world of chips&bits so fascinating and without problems whatsoever!

I love it!

Mensåatt