Do the quests from books that you get from the sage in South Qeynos.
If you can spare the money (the most expensive books are 12 sp) at
least. You'll get several dozen quests there alone, all of them
encouraging you to move around and kill different mobs. Some of them
you only need to visit places or catalog (see not kill) mobs.

Great quests there.

--

"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

"It's certainly not a "memory leak." - 'shadows', my latest stalker
"No one said it wasn't a memory leak." - 'shadows' a few posts later

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:04:58 GMT, Ben Sisson
<ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Do the quests from books that you get from the sage in South Qeynos.
>If you can spare the money (the most expensive books are 12 sp) at
>least. You'll get several dozen quests there alone, all of them
>encouraging you to move around and kill different mobs. Some of them
>you only need to visit places or catalog (see not kill) mobs.
>
>Great quests there.

Yeah, some are great - don't forget to click on the pile of books next
to her, though, and get the hidden quest...

And what's with all the carrots ?

Patrik

Ben Sisson <ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> writes:

> Do the quests from books that you get from the sage in South Qeynos.
> If you can spare the money (the most expensive books are 12 sp) at
> least. You'll get several dozen quests there alone, all of them
> encouraging you to move around and kill different mobs. Some of them
> you only need to visit places or catalog (see not kill) mobs.

Now if only that accursed Flamepaw loyalist would appear when I'm
present! Or if the Qeynos Catacombs catalog quest would work at allq
(maybe it does now, I didn't have time to play yesterday).

In article <87mzx72xwh.fsf@pluto.elizium.org>, <patrik@nordebo.com>
wrote:
> Now if only that accursed Flamepaw loyalist would appear when I'm
> present! Or if the Qeynos Catacombs catalog quest would work at allq
> (maybe it does now, I didn't have time to play yesterday).

Where does the Flamepaw loyalist appear, anyway? I haven't seen
Flamepaws anywhere.

That and the sleepless one are the only creatures I'm missing to
complete that quest.

- Damien

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:02:03 -0800, Damien Neil
<neild-usenet@misago.org> wrote:

>In article <87mzx72xwh.fsf@pluto.elizium.org>, <patrik@nordebo.com>
>wrote:
>> Now if only that accursed Flamepaw loyalist would appear when I'm
>> present! Or if the Qeynos Catacombs catalog quest would work at allq
>> (maybe it does now, I didn't have time to play yesterday).
>
>Where does the Flamepaw loyalist appear, anyway? I haven't seen
>Flamepaws anywhere.
>
>That and the sleepless one are the only creatures I'm missing to
>complete that quest.
>
> - Damien
Both are in Oakmyst - in the inside bit. Sleepless ~Ones are easy,
there's a bunch of them at the top of the stairs inside. The Flamepaw
Loyalist is a rare appearance, from what I've read, you have to keep
trying.

I'm waiting for him too, the bastard.

Damien Neil <neild-usenet@misago.org> writes:

> In article <87mzx72xwh.fsf@pluto.elizium.org>, <patrik@nordebo.com>
> wrote:
> > Now if only that accursed Flamepaw loyalist would appear when I'm
> > present! Or if the Qeynos Catacombs catalog quest would work at allq
> > (maybe it does now, I didn't have time to play yesterday).
>
> Where does the Flamepaw loyalist appear, anyway? I haven't seen
> Flamepaws anywhere.
>
> That and the sleepless one are the only creatures I'm missing to
> complete that quest.

You need to explore the Forest Ruins more.

(spoiler)

There are devoted followers in the tower at the back of the Forest
Ruins that talk about the coming of the Flamepaw, but the Flamepaw
himself seems very rare (well, in Everquest terms, I don't have
anything to stand on yet, having only spent about 2.5 hours there,
but...)

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:27:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>Both are in Oakmyst - in the inside bit. Sleepless ~Ones are easy,
>there's a bunch of them at the top of the stairs inside. The Flamepaw
>Loyalist is a rare appearance, from what I've read, you have to keep
>trying.

There's an inside to Oakmyst? I've tromped up and down it, doing the
poem quest and killing Rotweed, but I thought I'd seen it all.

Where's the "inside"?

(A lot of people bitch about how small the zones are, but a lot of
them have secrets...like Vermin's Stye in the bog...didn't find that
until very recently. Then died there three times.)
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

Patrik

Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:27:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
> wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
> >Both are in Oakmyst - in the inside bit. Sleepless ~Ones are easy,
> >there's a bunch of them at the top of the stairs inside. The Flamepaw
> >Loyalist is a rare appearance, from what I've read, you have to keep
> >trying.
>
> There's an inside to Oakmyst? I've tromped up and down it, doing the
> poem quest and killing Rotweed, but I thought I'd seen it all.

He means the Forest Ruins, which have a ruin with an inside.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:12:05 -0500, Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:27:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
>wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
>>Both are in Oakmyst - in the inside bit. Sleepless ~Ones are easy,
>>there's a bunch of them at the top of the stairs inside. The Flamepaw
>>Loyalist is a rare appearance, from what I've read, you have to keep
>>trying.
>
>There's an inside to Oakmyst? I've tromped up and down it, doing the
>poem quest and killing Rotweed, but I thought I'd seen it all.
>
>Where's the "inside"?
>
>(A lot of people bitch about how small the zones are, but a lot of
>them have secrets...like Vermin's Stye in the bog...didn't find that
>until very recently. Then died there three times.)
>*----------------------------------------------------*
Through the big doors, where all the elemental guardians are.

On 25 Nov 2004 19:08:05 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:

>Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:27:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
>> wrotC:DRIVE_E
>>
>> >Both are in Oakmyst - in the inside bit. Sleepless ~Ones are easy,
>> >there's a bunch of them at the top of the stairs inside. The Flamepaw
>> >Loyalist is a rare appearance, from what I've read, you have to keep
>> >trying.
>>
>> There's an inside to Oakmyst? I've tromped up and down it, doing the
>> poem quest and killing Rotweed, but I thought I'd seen it all.
>
>He means the Forest Ruins, which have a ruin with an inside.

D'oh, yes. Almost as bad as getting Willow Wood and Archer Wood mixed
up when giving directions...

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:24:01 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>Through the big doors, where all the elemental guardians are.

That's the Forest Ruins. :)

j00 r n00b!!!

Just had to say it. Glad to I didn't miss an obvious sub-zone given
all my time in Oakmyst, though. I haven't done much in FR, but it's my
wife's character's natural stomping grounds; we might be able to group
once she levels a bit.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:29:59 -0500, Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:24:01 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
>wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
>>Through the big doors, where all the elemental guardians are.
>
>That's the Forest Ruins. :)
>
>j00 r n00b!!!
>
>Just had to say it. Glad to I didn't miss an obvious sub-zone given
>all my time in Oakmyst, though. I haven't done much in FR, but it's my
>wife's character's natural stomping grounds; we might be able to group
>once she levels a bit.

I love Oakmyst, and do all my ? hunting there.

I was just there, and got my trapping to 39 ! One more...

And what's with all the carrots ?