andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
My sys spec just trying to boot;
1.4GHZ AMD Athlon OEM @266MHZ Buss
ECS K7S5A Sis 735 Motherboard with lan&sound
Ram Tried kingston valueram 266ddr 256 & pc133 genaric 256mb memory stick
Tried tnt2 & geforce 2gts video cards
400watt "Future Power" power suppy tried another 300watt to.
I turn on power i get nothin blank screen and am running the motherboard and componets on a static bag. I have come down to the cpu or the motherboard is not working the only two things i cant check becasue my other amd machine is slot1. I dont get any beep codes or any beeps at all. I cant turn off using power switch on front once i turn it on.
can you tell me if this is more likly a motherboard or cpu problem.
-Andrew

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Have you hooked up the speaker? I know this may sound silly but sometimes you forget to do it. Try holding the powerbutton for 10secs to see if it will shut off after you turn it on. Try clearing the bios. If it is a bad processor you usually need to return them within 15 days. I don't know where you bought your parts but you might try calling their tech support and see what they suggest. They might have you rma the board or something.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I agree with yahiko81 that you should look at all the simple problems first IE re-sit the processor etc, but because you seemed to of ruled out the possibility of it being a ground in the case or bad RAM, Power supply, video card, or anything of that nature it's most likely a bad motherboard.

Keyboard not found press F5 to continue

andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I boaght the cpu and ran from newegg.com and the motherboard from ncix.com. I have have the speaker hooked up and wish it where that simple. I help the power bution for about 25sec nothin.
Do you know if i have a oem cpu from amd if i can get a rma from them says one year manufacture warenty.

G

If i am not mistaken there's a jumper on the mb that selects the FSB speed yours should be at 133/266 check it if it's set correctly.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have that motherboard myself. I also had that power supply ( future power) It sucks! My ECS board would not post until I replaced it with a codegen 350 watt supply. So, for starters get rid of the power supply. Next I suggest you try this, take a pencil and close the only l7 bridge on your t-bird that is not already closed. With the stick of pc-133 see if you can get a post. If you do then go into bios and turn off auto detect dimm.

I know what you are thinking that the future power 400 watt supply should be more than enough ..... and your right it should, however it does not put anything near what it says it does and is total junk!

Video editing?? Ha, I don't even own a camera!

andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I have determined
one that the the place i boaght motherboard Ncix.com sent me a bad motherboard because i used there pricematch and they lost money. The motherboard then fried my cpu maybe
Tested the motherboard and cpu in friends computer no post on his either. God i haite the world.

Does anyone know how to do a rma request through amd?