WC3:TFT-First impressions

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I've been playing this expansion for a couple missions now and have to say, I'm addicted again. I know WC3 came under alot of fire from alot of gamers for the story, gameplay.. but I love this game.
The expansion brings alot to the table, my copy was only $20 from best buy. Had $10 down on a preorder so it was really $30. Also had a 15% coupon out of the latest pcgamer also.. hehe (cheapazz).

I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone though, the majority of the improvements are available through the 1.1 patch for WC3 that was just released on battle.net.
But you dont get the additional features when you play on battle net, just the new rules.

Anyway it appears to have a lot of gameplay in the expansion with more that blizzard is going to make available for download for expansion owners.. yahoo!
Now I'm off to find that bastard arthas!

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Anyway it appears to have a lot of gameplay in the expansion with more that blizzard is going to make available for download for expansion owners
Really the only downloadable content is in the Orc Campaign. TFT shipped with episode 1 of the campaign, patch 1.13 added episodes 2 & 3. I'm not positive, but I think that's it. Not a big deal to me since I only play for the Battle.net multiplayer.

And yes, the current general consensus is that the Night Elves and Humans are somewhat too powerful, while the orc and especially the undead are a bit weak. Nothing game breaking, but I wish Blizz would balance it out.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>