Ringtones OTHER than songs for the V60?

Hi,

The other day a firend's phone had a ring thta sounded just like those
old fashioned rotary dial types. I'd love to have that for my brand
new Motorola V60, but all I see at vtext.com are a bunch of songs. I'm
not interested in music for a ringtone.

Anybody know if there are non-musical (i.e. sounds) ringtones for the
V60?
5 answers Last reply
More about ringtones songs

    In article <26cc616.0411261624.380ad34d@posting.google.com>,
    Mr. Bill <jmgreen_@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >The other day a firend's phone had a ring thta sounded just like those
    >old fashioned rotary dial types. I'd love to have that for my brand
    >new Motorola V60, but all I see at vtext.com are a bunch of songs. I'm
    >not interested in music for a ringtone.
    >
    >Anybody know if there are non-musical (i.e. sounds) ringtones for the
    >V60?

    What I have opted to do on my new LG VX-6100 (could as easily be any new
    NE2 phone) is select a built-in ring closest to the "standard" type ring.

    I prefer not to pay any more than necessary, and there is usually a
    built-in ring to satisfy the need.

    Check your phone's rings and see if one sounds sufficient.

    Scott

    "Mr. Bill" <jmgreen_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The other day a firend's phone had a ring thta sounded just like those
    > old fashioned rotary dial types. I'd love to have that for my brand
    > new Motorola V60, but all I see at vtext.com are a bunch of songs. I'm
    > not interested in music for a ringtone.
    >
    > Anybody know if there are non-musical (i.e. sounds) ringtones for the
    > V60?

    If your phone supports midi and mp3 files, and also supports uploading them
    to the phone via USB cable (and the software that is also needed), then I
    have some excellent midi and mp3 files that can be used. I use them on my
    Motorola V710 in fact. One of them is called 'oldphone.mid' (Not sure now if
    it's really a midi file or a renamed mp3) that sounds just like an old type
    phone ringing.

    Send me an email if you're interested, but remember, you need to have
    support for mp3 and midi files on your phone and also a way to upload them
    to the phone.

    --
    God Bless America!

    Bob the Printer

    Our web pages are located at:
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

    Now with a picture link to the webcam near
    Mount St. Helens volcano!

    Or you can click on the link below to go to the
    the Mt. St. Helens page.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

    Please note that if it's nighttime there you
    will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.

    You got a couple of responses with Midi files - but I still found anyone who
    can tell me how to get them on my V60(s).

    I've tried emailing them to myself, accessing them through a web page on
    mobile web, even have a cable that I use with Mobile Phone Tools......

    If you find out, let me know!!

    --
    -----------========::::::::::+::::::::::========---------
    ken@tssf.org Ken E. Norian Long Island, NY USA
    "Mr. Bill" <jmgreen_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The other day a firend's phone had a ring thta sounded just like those
    > old fashioned rotary dial types. I'd love to have that for my brand
    > new Motorola V60, but all I see at vtext.com are a bunch of songs. I'm
    > not interested in music for a ringtone.
    >
    > Anybody know if there are non-musical (i.e. sounds) ringtones for the
    > V60?

    Hello,

    >Anybody know if there are non-musical (i.e. sounds) ringtones for the
    >V60?

    Give the following sites a try:

    Ringtones Central - http://www.ringtones-central.com
    Ringtone Software - http://www.ring-tone-software.com (create your own)
    Free Ringtones Online - http://www.free-ringtones-online.com
    Mobile Phone Software - http://www.mobile-phone-software.com

    Best
    Jenny

    I have the new Motorola V710. The software I bought from Verizon
    allows me to synch up my address book on the computer and use the
    mobile phone as a modem but no software was included to allow me to
    transfer photos or ringtones from my PC to my phone. I've checked free
    sites but none support the phone yet. Do you know of anything that
    works?
    Thanks,

    Greg

Verizon Internet Service Providers