P4 needs special case?

G

I am looking at buying the ASUS P4T MB with a P4 1.5. I want to also get the AOPEN HO8 full tower case. However, all of the sites list special cases for P4. If the case is ATX as is the MB, then what is the difference. The case is 300W.

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No, from what I have heard and seen, you don't neet a other case. But there is a (new) standard for P4 power suplies. I think they have add some new power control things on it.

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I beleive only the original Intel boards require special parts, that the Asus board can use standard parts. I heard somewhere that it is capable of operation either with or without the extra power connector.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

G

The only difference is in the power supply. It has extra connectors, that is all.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel wanted rear access to the heatsink hold downs I think. You could prbably drill holes for that. And I think the Asus board has the extra power connector but does not require it for operation.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!