AOL connection problems

After spending hours with the AOL support staff, they finally told me the
problem must be in XP. When I try to log onto AOL through a dialup modem, I
get to step 5, talking to network, and then it errors out. Anyone have this
problem before that can offer a resolution?

AOL installs just fine on Windows XP. You need to continue
working with AOL support since it is their program that appears
to be troublesome. Or you can sign-up with a "real ISP", such
as http://www.att.net/ which is much easier to setup and use.
I have used AT&T previously and I heartily recommend it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!