Error downloading windows update

I recently purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 but could
not install it because of an error in the windows
installer package. When i tried doing a windows update,
error number: 0x80070424 came up and said the requested
page could not be displayed. Any ideas for what to do?
Thank you very much!

Mikell
1 answer Last reply
More about error downloading windows update

    I found this on your particular error:

    0x80070424 ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

    Due to a bug in BITS 1.5 OOB setup, after BITS 1.5 install, the BITS service is
    deleted, but the 1.5 install returns success code. BITS 1.5 binaries are copied to
    the machine, but the service doesn't exist. This can also happen if the BITS service
    is explicitly deleted by running the command sc delete bits

    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=10&ln=en
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=9&ln=en

    If I have been unable to assist then perhaps the WU NG

    Windows Update newsgroup:
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

    "Mikell" <mikellfranke@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 but could
    > not install it because of an error in the windows
    > installer package. When i tried doing a windows update,
    > error number: 0x80070424 came up and said the requested
    > page could not be displayed. Any ideas for what to do?
    > Thank you very much!
    >
    > Mikell

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP