EQ2: Food Question

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2004 6:18:51 PM

Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.

TIA

More about : eq2 food question

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 8:30:28 PM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:18:51 -0000, "Jon W"
<zilvafish~REMOVE~@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
>accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
>thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.
>
>TIA

lol - I once spent 7 silver on what I THOUGHT was a stack of 20
rations - turns out it was 7s *per unit*...

Look for any merchant in the newbie hunting areas - Oakmyst, Bog, etc.
THey sell food, rations and basic bags.

And what's with all the carrots ?
November 25, 2004 11:01:08 AM

"Jon W" <zilvafish~REMOVE~@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<co28k8$lne$2@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
> accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
> thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.

You can get it for free either from a quest or priest. My priest can
summon food and drink on herself or any PC. Some quests give it.
Haven't spent a second in Freeport but in Qeynos innkeepers &
barkeepers regularly give food and drink as quest rewards.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 2:42:58 PM

Thanks - I found food more suited to my wallet on a merchant in Temple
Street. I guess that'll server me right for hanging out in areas I can't
afford.

"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:18:51 -0000, "Jon W"
> <zilvafish~REMOVE~@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
> >accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
> >thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.
> >
> >TIA
> >

> lol - I once spent 7 silver on what I THOUGHT was a stack of 20
> rations - turns out it was 7s *per unit*...
>
> Look for any merchant in the newbie hunting areas - Oakmyst, Bog, etc.
> THey sell food, rations and basic bags.
>
> --
>
> Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
> They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
> And what's with all the carrots ?
> What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
> Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 6:21:38 PM

Jon W wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
> accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
> thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.
>
> TIA

What is the difference between say the cheap bread and the expensive bread?
Do you recover quick or does it just last longer?
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 5:20:41 AM

Wayne Rasmussen <XvirtualDoNotSpamMe@gomonarch.com> wrote in message news:<41A64006.B54B1EA2@gomonarch.com>...
> Jon W wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
> > accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
> > thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.
> >
> > TIA
>
> What is the difference between say the cheap bread and the expensive bread?
> Do you recover quick or does it just last longer?

Faster regen, none I've tried last any longer.
November 26, 2004 1:44:26 PM

Wayne Rasmussen <XvirtualDoNotSpamMe@gomonarch.com> writes:

> Jon W wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me where to find cheap food and drink in FP. Last night I
> > accidently spent 9 levels of savings on a stack of iron rations that I
> > thought were just bread and now I don't have enough to buy water.
> >
> > TIA
>
> What is the difference between say the cheap bread and the expensive bread?
> Do you recover quick or does it just last longer?

More expensive food gives more hp/power regeneration, but it doesn't
last any longer (at least not the varieties I've tried). Player made
food lasts longer, I hear, but I've never cooked or bought any so I
can't verify this.
!