Landline Charges on my wireless bill??

The following was printed on my most recent Verizon Wireless bill:

"Landline charges are fees you incur when you place a wireless call that is
processed through a local telephone company. This charge may apply to calls
connected to a landline telephone number, a pager or wireless phone not on
the Verizon Wireless network. These charges are in addition to your airtime
charges and allowances, and vary according to calling plan. Landline
charges vary when roaming based on charges established by the visited system
and Verizon Wireless."

These charges totaled $4.20. I am on the AC 1200 plan and have not traveled
outside the city of Chicago. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.

Good luck getting an explanation for that, for I've come to learn that not
even the people that TRAIN Verizon Wireless employees now how to explain
that. They typically say: "oh, don't worry about that you will probably
never see it."

If you do obtain some sort of explanation or justification please post it
here.

"David R. Goyer" <davgo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The following was printed on my most recent Verizon Wireless bill:
>
> "Landline charges are fees you incur when you place a wireless call that
> is processed through a local telephone company. This charge may apply to
> calls connected to a landline telephone number, a pager or wireless phone
> not on the Verizon Wireless network. These charges are in addition to
> your airtime charges and allowances, and vary according to calling plan.
> Landline charges vary when roaming based on charges established by the
> visited system and Verizon Wireless."
>
> These charges totaled $4.20. I am on the AC 1200 plan and have not
> traveled outside the city of Chicago. Any insight would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David R. Goyer
>

> --
> All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:48:46 -0600, "David R. Goyer"
<davgo@comcast.net> wrote:

>These charges totaled $4.20. I am on the AC 1200 plan and have not traveled
>outside the city of Chicago. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!

Where did you call? Not all places are considered to be part of their
network. I placed some test calls to Guam and American Samoa a while
back. While most landline carriers (AT&T/Sprint/MCI, etc) consider
places like that to be charged the same rate as the "lower 48", not
all carriers do.

On VZW's AC plan, Guam now costs 20 cents/minute and American Samoa is
still charged international rates. I don't know of Alaska or Hawaii
are part of the AC plan. (Hawaii probably is, but Alaska is a big ?)

Canada is hit or miss, depending where you live (the eastern seaboard
generally has calls TO Canada included as part of AC, while people out
west are charged extra). Its probably a safe bet that calls in the
"lower 48" are included, but even then you can't be sure.

Best bet - have you called customer service yet and complained? Or
stop by a Verizon Wireless store and speak to somebody? I'd do that
first before posting something here.

Dave

"David R. Goyer" <davgo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The following was printed on my most recent Verizon Wireless bill:
>
> "Landline charges are fees you incur when you place a wireless call
> that is processed through a local telephone company. This charge
> may apply to calls connected to a landline telephone number, a pager
> or wireless phone not on the Verizon Wireless network. These
> charges are in addition to your airtime charges and allowances, and
> vary according to calling plan. Landline charges vary when roaming
> based on charges established by the visited system and Verizon
> Wireless."
>
> These charges totaled $4.20. I am on the AC 1200 plan and have not
> traveled outside the city of Chicago. Any insight would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David R. Goyer
>

> --
> All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus
> 2003.

How long has this been occurring? Are you a new customer? An old
customer for many years? Did you place a call to a friend on another
cellular service that may have charged you for calling that person,
did you call a local telephone number or exchange that may have
charged a fee? In example if I call my friend in the lower part of NY
I incur a charge many times of 30¢ to 50¢ since the cellular carrier
charges Verizon (and me for the call), When I call overseas to the UK
I incur a $1.50 per minute long distance charge. Some number you
called may have not been local for long distance purposes.

If none of these situations apply call and have the charges removed or
dispute them and have Verizon show you in plain sight what the charges
are for, never pay a blind charge posted to your account. Verizon
makes billions on these types of charges, legit or not.

Elector