  • Hard Drives
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
October 4, 2004 10:23:09 PM

How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
old backup file and the new one that system backup is
creating.
Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
my problem.
Ron

More about : system backup

October 5, 2004 3:09:05 AM

"N102win2 \(remove\) @aol.com" <Ronanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228d01c4aa79$dfb96350$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
> backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
> to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
> 15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
> old backup file and the new one that system backup is
> creating.
> Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
> my problem.
> Ron

Ron,
The problem is the size of the backup file.. and in theory at least,
we shouldnt have a backup trail.. especially if your 200GB hard drive
is not good enough for the backup.
Apologise for restating the obvious , which u must have considered
anyway, you should backup your old system backup file on another
device or consider using remotely hosted online backups.

Gary
Freelance consultant for data center setups, remote backups etc
http://www.data-recovery-reviews.com/
October 5, 2004 3:14:06 AM

"N102win2 \(remove\) @aol.com" <Ronanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228d01c4aa79$dfb96350$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
> backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
> to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
> 15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
> old backup file and the new one that system backup is
> creating.
> Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
> my problem.
> Ron

Map,

You should click on Start, and then 'help and support' - somewhere on
that screen (usually far right) - it will tell what os u have

Gary
Freelance consultant
http://www.data-recovery-reviews.com
!