System Backup

How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
old backup file and the new one that system backup is
creating.
Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
my problem.
Ron
2 answers Last reply
More about system backup

    "N102win2 \(remove\) @aol.com" <Ronanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228d01c4aa79$dfb96350$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
    > How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
    > backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
    > to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
    > 15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
    > old backup file and the new one that system backup is
    > creating.
    > Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
    > my problem.
    > Ron

    Ron,
    The problem is the size of the backup file.. and in theory at least,
    we shouldnt have a backup trail.. especially if your 200GB hard drive
    is not good enough for the backup.
    Apologise for restating the obvious , which u must have considered
    anyway, you should backup your old system backup file on another
    device or consider using remotely hosted online backups.

    Gary
    Freelance consultant for data center setups, remote backups etc
    http://www.data-recovery-reviews.com/

    "N102win2 \(remove\) @aol.com" <Ronanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228d01c4aa79$dfb96350$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
    > How do I exclude an existing System Backup file from being
    > backed up when I do another COMPLETE Windows System Backup
    > to a different hard drive? My 200GB Hard Drive goes to
    > 15% free when I have two system backup files on it, one
    > old backup file and the new one that system backup is
    > creating.
    > Thanks for any ideas that you can suggest that will solve
    > my problem.
    > Ron

    Map,

    You should click on Start, and then 'help and support' - somewhere on
    that screen (usually far right) - it will tell what os u have

    Gary
    Freelance consultant
    http://www.data-recovery-reviews.com

Backup Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP