i need some help

G

hi guys and who ever runs this site i like to ask a question becourse im out to buy a news mainboard and cpu

and i have decide to buy a amd k7 T-Bird 1.2 Ghz and my question is what mainboard should i get wich one is best to get for that cpu ? if some one could give a some good info il be glad Thank you

If you don't need extreme overclocking, check out the Fic AD11 for about $108. It has the AMD 761 chipset, and dip switches for the multiplier and voltage. Negatives are no extra fan headers (I use adapters to run extra fans directly off the power supply), and limited fsb settings. Must be good though; I've been running my 1.2 athlon at 1380 with a sparkle 235 watt ps for 2 months, with few problems. The ECS K7S5A for $60 gets mixed reviews, but if you're experienced and have a 350-400 watt ps, you may want to check out the postings for it on this site and Anandtech.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Wait a while for a top-tier motherboard maker to come out with a SIS 735 motherboard.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,
First off, What are your priorities? Do you need SPEED? What are you going to use your PC for? Are you trying to save money(the price difference online is only $14 between a 1.4 & a 1.2 ghz T-bird....$91 vs. $105). Do you plan to use a 200 fsb/PC133 SD-Ram T-bird or a 266 fsb/PC 2100 DDR T-bird? Is it important to you how many Ram slots that you have or is it important to have a MB that comes with both types(SD-Ram & DDR) slots? Are you going to "Over-Clock"?
The thing is with your vague post I don't think anybody can tell you which MB is the "BEST" for you. Please post your reply to my questions and a ton of people will post their suggestions for you. From there, if money is important to you you can research those MB's to see if it is the right one for you. The MB/chipset is the second most important part of your PC.
Peace Out..........tile

looking forward to a lifetime of tweakends

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,
One other important thing, Please read other people's POSTS/this COMMUNITY. A lot of people have the same question as you. Reading the replys may halp you sort it all out. When you post again people are more likely to respond if it is a new question, not some question that they feel has already been answered a dozen times over.
Peace Out.............tile

looking forward to a lifetime of tweakends