Some progress on the dead mobo...

G

Again with my "dead" A7V mobo that doesn't wonna boot and beeps, but now it doesn't beep and stays ON until I turn it off, but there is still to picture on the monitor!
What I did is I saw that my jumpers (mult. and bus)
were messed up, I the mobo to jumper free and set all jumpers to ON (mult nd bus) and now it doesn't beep, if set jumpers any different - it beeps.
I don't see anythinng on the screen though! What does the mobo needs to boot into BIOS? I thought it needs only CPU, RAM and videocard (doesn't need hard drive, does it?). I tried both PCI and AGP cards - nada on the screen. I have another problem now, my Hard drive can't be detected, usually when you boot the red (orange, brown) light is responsible for HDD (it lights everytime HDD works), well, it doesn't now... I don't know what I did, but I tried to plug and unplug it (power and ATA100,66 port) when computer was ON...did I fry it? (there was NO smoke).

Any ideas now???

kdeuser

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Hey, I just replied to the other thread. Wow...don't ever mess around inside your computer with the power on and certainly don't plug or unplug anything. I think you may need a HD to get your system started, but don't quote me on that. There will be guys with better technical experience than me who can help, I'm only relating my experiences fooling around with this MB. If you have access to another AMD MB/Computer, try your CPU in it. Same with your HD. If it works on the other machine, ditch the AV7 and chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way. Double check ALL of your jumpers again and make sure they are set to default.

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Now we are getting somewhere. You need to set the board up so that it beeps and make a note of how many beeps and what kind (long or short). There may be a sequence of two or more groups of beeps. Those beep-codes can be looked up as error codes.