disk check locks up

Maybe you can help me with this....on a Windows XP Home
Edition computer, we ran a disk check and the computer now
either gets stuck at the disk check screen if you run it
or cancel it, and if you go in under Normal it goes back
to disk check and any of the safe modes it runs through
and locks at "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)
\windows\drivers\system32\amdagp.sys"................does
this mean it partitioned the disk?........I found the
software that came with the computer but there is no cd's
to restore it and no xp cd.......any suggestions??
How can I at least get back into WIndows or at best fix
this problem?

Thank You
1 answer Last reply
More about disk check locks

    At F8 there is a new option if you have sp2

    I can't rememeber exactly, " Disable system error restart"

    try that. There is another copy of amdagp.sys at

    c:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

Computers Windows XP