I got a big problem

G

AMD 1.4 GHz
DFI AK 76SN mobo
Geforce 2 GTS/Pro 64MB DDR
Sb Live! 5.1
linksys LNE 100
Maxtor 40 GB 7200rpm hdd

The problem is that it doesn't perform well. It hangs so often. I use Win 2000 OS. So I check in the conflict list and find that the AGP card, the network card and the soundcard is sharing same IRQ. I think this might be the problem why my rig is not performing well. But I don't know how to get it right. And in the AGP card, the video capture (universal) drive is not working. The eror code 10 is showing when i try to install that device.

Plz give me some help..

Thx

G

Ok, i heard that putting the sound card on the 3rd pci slot helps dunno really. Other thing is to change the irq its sharing to another one. Could also be a driver conflict but Iam guessing. I have not had that problem, come to think of it I had my card on the 3rd slot too.

Medication helps :smile:

G

Also Windows 2000 needs a patch when using an AMD CPU + AGP card. Find at www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon-duron/amd_win2k_patch.html.Hope this helps.

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
The patch for the CPU+AGP card is a good idea. Another thing is that the IRQ sharing should be just fine in Windows 2000 except if you do not own a ACPI network card. How old is your network adapter and does it have ACPI compliance? If not go out and buy a new one, they are very cheap. If this doesn't work you might want to change your computer to "Standard PC" in windows "unit properties". Just find the "ACPI Compliant PC" and select "change drivers" and select "Standard PC". If you do this you are able to manually configure your cards and what IRQ they should use. You might want to do a search for "ACPI" in the Windows 2000 board here on this site.

Good luck!