I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF "FOUND.XXX" folders and in each
of these folders there are a whole bunch of "FILEXXXX.CHK"
FILES. WHAT ARE THESE THINGS? THEY TAKE UP A LOT OF
SPACE. CAN I REMOVE THEM?

Hi

Those files are created by Check Disk. You can delete them as it is
difficult to extract any understandable data from them.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User