Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which is better tho? the ps3 or the xbox360

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 21, 2011 10:16:10 AM

I have recently got the 10 referrals i needed to get a free game console.
I just would like to know which is better /more reliable the xbox or the ps3
Thanks in advance

More about : tho ps3 xbox360

September 21, 2011 11:23:37 AM

I've owned both Xbox and PlayStation 3 and I think PlayStation would be the best. Yes, they are more expensive but they seem to last longer than the Xbox360s. Also, the PlayStation has a blu-ray DVD player, built in wireless, no buying subscriptions and they are very quiet. I've owned 3-4 Xbox360s and they all had RROD! They are really loud and you have to pay to go online.
September 21, 2011 11:40:44 AM

I'm very happy with my Xbox, but if I had gotten one for free, I would get the Playstation. Of course, they both are good consoles with different strengths, but what it really comes down to in my opinion is what games you want to play. Xbox exclusives includes the Gears of War series, the Halo series and the Forza Motorsport series. Also, they seem to often get DLC's faster than Playstation. Playstation exclusives includes the Uncharted series, the God of War series and the Gran Turismo series.

So firstly, find out what games you want to play, then choose the console. If that's not important, go with the more expensive Playstation.
Related resources
September 21, 2011 11:43:37 AM

Thegeek said:
I've owned both Xbox and PlayStation 3 and I think PlayStation would be the best. Yes, they are more expensive but they seem to last longer than the Xbox360s. Also, the PlayStation has a blu-ray DVD player, built in wireless, no buying subscriptions and they are very quiet. I've owned 3-4 Xbox360s and they all had RROD! They are really loud and you have to pay to go online.


Thanks for your reply, I dont mind the cost as i am getting it free from a referral site.yeh i was leaning towards the PS3 too but i wasnt sure with the kinect and all that which one to go for.thanks again
September 21, 2011 12:02:02 PM

haakonmt said:
I'm very happy with my Xbox, but if I had gotten one for free, I would get the Playstation. Of course, they both are good consoles with different strengths, but what it really comes down to in my opinion is what games you want to play. Xbox exclusives includes the Gears of War series, the Halo series and the Forza Motorsport series. Also, they seem to often get DLC's faster than Playstation. Playstation exclusives includes the Uncharted series, the God of War series and the Gran Turismo series.

So firstly, find out what games you want to play, then choose the console. If that's not important, go with the more expensive Playstation.


thanks for that :) 
a b î Playstation
September 21, 2011 12:24:55 PM

I prefer the PS3, but it's going to depend on what games you like and if you'll be able to play them with friends.
September 21, 2011 12:25:02 PM

I have 2 Xbox's and a PS3. I buy most of my games for Xbox only because that is what most of my gaming community i play with has. The reason i have two is to have a backup when one breaks. They are great and easy to use but have a few drawbacks like:
Frequently known to break down (RROD and disc drives are common problems)
No Blu-Ray
Have to pay yearly for online (although i think XBL is better than PSN)
And are a bit louder

If i was getting one free i would say PS3
September 21, 2011 12:52:12 PM

steimy said:
I have 2 Xbox's and a PS3. I buy most of my games for Xbox only because that is what most of my gaming community i play with has. The reason i have two is to have a backup when one breaks. They are great and easy to use but have a few drawbacks like:
Frequently known to break down (RROD and disc drives are common problems)
No Blu-Ray
Have to pay yearly for online (although i think XBL is better than PSN)
And are a bit louder

If i was getting one free i would say PS3


thanks
September 21, 2011 1:12:59 PM

i was at gamesfest on saturday

and kinect looks rubish, there is lag between you and the screen

watching people try to play shooting games with it is funny becasue people imediatly walk away at 10-20 secs
September 21, 2011 2:32:29 PM

I find that the PSN offer faster service and matchmaking over Xbox live. Also Ive had fewer issues with my PS3.

But Halo.....
September 21, 2011 4:48:24 PM

If you get the PS3 and like FPS games i just have two simple suggestions
Resistance series & Killzone Series

Both you can save major money on by playing from the first one through to the most recent. The first Resistance by now would be in the bargain bin and worth every penny

Also if you did not look into it each system has at least 1-2 games that are only made for that system.
Xbox has Forza- IMHO the best racing game on any console. The mentioned Gears Of War, and Halo to name a few of the more popular titles.

PS3 has Gran Tourismo, Resistance, Killzone, INfamous, & So-Com to name some popular titles.

Some people would buy the console solely based on a exclusive title. But if you are getting it based on reliability and all around functions, Again i would go with the PS3. Even though mine is used mostly as my Blu-ray player with just a few games i still play.
September 21, 2011 4:52:02 PM

steimy said:
If you get the PS3 and like FPS games i just have two simple suggestions
Resistance series & Killzone Series

Both you can save major money on by playing from the first one through to the most recent. The first Resistance by now would be in the bargain bin and worth every penny

Also if you did not look into it each system has at least 1-2 games that are only made for that system.
Xbox has Forza- IMHO the best racing game on any console. The mentioned Gears Of War, and Halo to name a few of the more popular titles.

PS3 has Gran Tourismo, Resistance, Killzone, INfamous, & So-Com to name some popular titles.

Some people would buy the console solely based on a exclusive title. But if you are getting it based on reliability and all around functions, Again i would go with the PS3. Even though mine is used mostly as my Blu-ray player with just a few games i still play.

you also forgot uncharted on ps3
September 21, 2011 7:34:58 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
you also forgot uncharted on ps3


No, I just didn't list every exclusive game for each, i left out quite a few like Alan Wake for example. Between regular games over the years and XBL Arcade games the list would be quite long. If anyone really needs to know Wiki has a list of exclusive games for each console where you can look at them all.
September 22, 2011 2:54:04 PM

Ultimately... the winner of the debate is only opinion. The Xbox isn't better than the ps3 no more than the ps3 isn't better than the xbox. It basically all comes down to a matter of preference, that it is: which console suites you best. There is no right or wrong.
September 22, 2011 4:43:58 PM

killaman said:
Ultimately... the winner of the debate is only opinion. The Xbox isn't better than the ps3 no more than the ps3 isn't better than the xbox. It basically all comes down to a matter of preference, that it is: which console suites you best. There is no right or wrong.


I love my Xbox and use it much more than my PS3, but if you look at all the facts the PS3 is hands down better. Sure most posts are opinions, but the facts still remain.

1. It has Blu-ray, saving you a good deal of money having to buy a player if you had an Xbox

2. The Xbox 360 has a failure rate that since it's release is much higher than a PS3. In the beginning days it sat around 54% failure rate which is insane.

3. XBL is $60 a year which some people just don't have in their budget, PSN has been and is currently free.

4. Because PS3 uses Blu-ray rather than standard DVD it can hold quite a bit more data, meaning your games can be that much bigger without the need to use multiple disc. Case in point Battlefield 3 which on Xbox will be two discs, on PS3 it will only need one. Not to mention the game is cross-platformed on PS3, so you can play PC player on your PS3 (not that i advise that unless you want a good whooping)

not to mention that on paper PS3 is the more powerful console and developers are just now starting to figure out how to use it's full potential
September 24, 2011 4:25:59 AM

As other people have said, it mostly depends on which games you want to play. Have been playing Gears of War 3 though for the Xbox 360, and it's EPIC!
September 24, 2011 10:56:07 AM

According to John Carmack, writing the Rage engine on both consoles clearly showed that the X-Box is the superior machine.

Personally I would get the PS3 though for Blu-Ray capabilities, but then again - both consoles are severely outdated.
September 24, 2011 1:26:44 PM

As a gamer, when ?s like these come up ive always said "if you can afford it, get it all" so for me i own EVERYTHING pretty much. like i always say,"if you dont own it all or atleast the item you are commenting about, then your comment holds no weight! " PERIOD! no disrespect meant, but my .02

for him since he has one option for the free then ya.

media -
BOTH systems are good...yes the ps3 has Bluray but what true geek plays Blu disks anyhow? lol. (no comment)
they both have their offerings but i think ill put the ps3 over the 360 JUST because it is a Blu player too.
they both offer a good deal ALTHOUGH

BUT!!!

360 with hulu,netflix (ps3 just got those) ESPN, ETC.....they keep adding and adding, soon to have alot more with the interactive espn betting and..and...i can go on and on, so yea...mobile phone support, indie titles that usually hit 360 first, xna etc etc.... 360 overall just offers more. the little ps3 DOES offer, is a pittance when compared to 360. theyre playing catchup.

Sony has JUST now started making small good steps in the online and dashboard space. TRUE is the fact about FREE internet play but whoever above said that PS3 internet is faster....lolz...your dizzy.

to ADD to the GARBAGE online offering the fact that most games on p3, the GOOD multiplayer ones lag/cant go online for first day to two (because of network traff), then EVERY other minute, when the network IS UP, i spend it downloading updates and large ones! for the dash..then when im finally done, "hmm finally, lets launch the game...WTF MORE updates...(for the games) lol,

the way sony runs their infrastructire is ridic! sometimes (admittedly happ twice) if the network is bugged, if you cant access trophies, you cannot play said game online! RIDICULOUS! then the hacking BS that happ a lil while ago, im STILL getting massive spam and BS text messages off of that one! ANNOYING!

their dash is also a few steps behind. most features that you REALLY want to mess with, yo have to log off game to do so.(changing certain settings, headset stuff, etc...




EVERY major update/DLC/ dash changes ETC come to 360 first MAINLY because of xboxs' domination over the multiplayer space. speaking of facts, EVERY major company that is not in house / 1st party ALWAYS (for now anyways) release content on the 360 first.

NOT because the 360 is any better than the ps3...just that the PS3 took so long to get off the ground that all the cards kinda fell on M$s hands first..there by naturally granting them more access to the gaming audience than ps3. and we all know how hard it is to let go of $ thats already in someones hands. lol by the time sony got 10% of their act together, M$ was licking everyones balls for deals...and since sony wasnt properly prepared to handle it, the got left behind.

Yes, FACT, PS3 is MORE durable than the 360 (the old one, the white one) they've since then fixed those errors so if your just now getting a 360, get any of the black ones. of the white ones i went through atLEAST 6-7 of them throughout the years. as SOON as the black on came out, no problems. and being realistic, ANYONE who owns a p3 and 360 SINE DAY ONE will have to admit, EVEN THROUGH all the RRODs, you kept going back for more, hell some ppl even got 2 or 3 lol...ALL the games at one point were on the 360, let a ps3 get messed up with no warranty..lol you would NOT be getting one lol till price drop lol.

The multiplayer space, you get what you pay for, is all ill say, in this case, SINCE YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT, M4oft has no choice to keep building on it. We all hate monopolies but in M$ case. leads to better CONSISTENT ONLINE service than the current offerings on PS3.

fact is that SINCE M$ from day one focused on online, theyve had TOO much time to develop the service whereas SONY is always playing catch up. sonys online offering feels like...like....liek youll play it only because its there, because you can. i know of NO ONE who plays a game online on the ps3 over 360. especially shooters.

ps3 controller is horrible for ppl with big hands like myself. 360 controller )build off of the S) will always be dominant.
and ps3 analog control....sub par!

LIVE parties, LIVE chats, CROSSGAME CHATTING, CROSS GAME INVITES etc etc....
sony JUST recently got SOME of this to work and not even as fluid. maybe because ive been enjoying these features for many years, i MEH the ps3s offering.


overall, if you can own it all, then do so. if not, youll get more use/uses from the 360 with their library than the current offerings STILL, from the ps3


overall its not that one is better than the other, at this stage in the game, they both have a good deal in common, but FACT is, M$ has had better / more succes in keeping it all together than sony (as companies)
as a result, the offerings on had feel more together on the 360 than the ps3...

put it like this, you have to get to your destination(point A) by A, walking, B free limo, C, paid limo.

i KNOW your not walking when you can get a FREE limo ride , so you do lol, but when you did, it was (all the examples above ps3)
next time you say *** this, let me pay for this...when you did (all of the above xbox)

in the end, you DAMN sure aint walking (no system) , so you went with free (ps3) and you went with paid(360)
the latter 2 gave you the same thing just that one made you feel like a king whereas the other just...just got you there....better than walking!
September 24, 2011 3:59:43 PM

XBOX SNM
September 27, 2011 2:15:07 AM

I would get the ps3 because of steam, killzone 3, and upcoming resistance 3. Other than that I would go for which ever console you have more friends at.
October 21, 2011 9:38:32 AM

Is Jessica Chobot shows also on the PS3 network? If not, I'll stick to my XBOX 360. hah!
October 21, 2011 11:29:28 AM

Everyone who is thinking what console to buy should read "somdow" comment above - it's brilliant !
October 21, 2011 2:48:49 PM

And Lengthy..... I need a nap now
October 22, 2011 12:39:35 AM

steimy said:
I love my Xbox and use it much more than my PS3, but if you look at all the facts the PS3 is hands down better. Sure most posts are opinions, but the facts still remain.

1. It has Blu-ray, saving you a good deal of money having to buy a player if you had an Xbox

2. The Xbox 360 has a failure rate that since it's release is much higher than a PS3. In the beginning days it sat around 54% failure rate which is insane.

3. XBL is $60 a year which some people just don't have in their budget, PSN has been and is currently free.

4. Because PS3 uses Blu-ray rather than standard DVD it can hold quite a bit more data, meaning your games can be that much bigger without the need to use multiple disc. Case in point Battlefield 3 which on Xbox will be two discs, on PS3 it will only need one. Not to mention the game is cross-platformed on PS3, so you can play PC player on your PS3 (not that i advise that unless you want a good whooping)

not to mention that on paper PS3 is the more powerful console and developers are just now starting to figure out how to use it's full potential


These are the exact reasons why I love my PS3. I have both and the only reason that I ever played my 360 is because of Halo. My Xbox is so loud, and it's basically a heater in my room, but thats because its an old one. Once I stopped playing Halo I used my PS3 for Uncharted, GT5, Killzone, Resistance, Twisted Metal, and Infamous :) 
November 2, 2011 9:18:17 PM

Oh man...you just opened up a can of Xbox vs PS3 fanboi worms. LOL I own both, if I had to choose one, I'd choose the 360, even with the RROD problems. Xbox Live is a much more organized experience and it's a lot easier to find friends online.

With that said, I think one of the factors would be how many of my friends have what console. If you have more friends that have PS3, I'd get PS3...and Xbox if the reverse is true. You will want to play games online with your friends.

In general though...personally, I like my 360 better.
November 25, 2011 3:24:56 AM

Kind of like asking if someone likes Sony over Panasonic. Really to comes down to content.Some games i've followed on one platfom cannot be had on anothe. Like I loved Splinter Cell.But I am a PS3 and PC user. I thought I would convert over to X-Box but never did. Not to play one game basically. Maybe when the system was update in a major way I would.
December 1, 2011 5:47:37 AM

Xbox 360 but pc is much more fun now a days
December 1, 2011 6:49:07 PM

PS3 without doubt. I own both. PS3 hands down has the best exclusive titles. Other than Gears and Halo, there aren't many "must-play" games on the Xbox that you can't play on PS3.
!