Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
okie dokie folks here is the problem. Boot up PC... soon as XP (pro) gets to the part where i log in my name with my PW and it says.. loading settings and whatever... just before it shows the desktop... it takes about 10 seconds... and then the desktop finally shows and i get this error msg.

C:\WINDOWS\mgs.exe is missing or in a different location or something... use Search to find it or blah blah...

now a few days ago this stupid Girl i know sent me a link and said here's a picture of me check it out..... so atfirst i highlighted the link to see where the destination was.. but anyway... it didn't download no freggin pic it was some bullcrap MGS.exe file, so i freggin deleted it....... and after a few seconds she's like oh no don't click that it's not a picture... im like WTF!!!

now i got this gay ass error on my system when i boot.... Any ideas how to get this away!

Thank you in advance
your pal Rob423

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

riser

Illustrious
Well, you need to work on your social skills when you're posting. I read your whole post in a 'valley girl' voice. And please, don't go into detail on what you were doing to get this thing.

Start - Run - MSConfig - Start up - find it in that list, disable it.

Regedit (Make a backup of the registry before editing, yada yada)

Find it in HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-Current Version-Run/Run Once

Check to see if it installed anything in your add/remove programs list.

Restart computer. Problem fixed.

Antivirus scan just to be safe, since it sounds like you were hitting on internet girls or something.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
#1 my social skills are excellent.
#2 your just an "ADDICT" I on the other hand am an HONORARY! POSTER so backup NEWBIE!

#3 thanks for the response but none of that worked... i did that all ..those are the newbie steps.lol

nah but anyways, i ran HiJACKthis and it came up it was located in the shell.ini.explorer.exe = mgs.exe or something like that and i just checked it and fixed it. so now we are back in business

^ deffinetly reccomends HIjackTHIS

later

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

riser

Illustrious
First off, I've been reading these forums for years. Only recently did I start bothering to post. Just because you have more posts, doesn't mean your posts were worthwhile. My posts tend to be worthwhile to everyone. I don't randomly post 2 words.

You didn't list any troubleshooting steps you had attempted. The steps I listed for you would be the first things you should have checked. I didn't see you listing any steps you had performed for troubleshooting, but it sure is a good thing I have a list of your hardware when it's a software related problem. Bravo on that one.

You can call me a newbie all you want. Name calling, wasn't that 'cool' in 3rd grade?

Since you're an "Honorary! Poster" and I'm just a newbie, why are posting your problem before running your troubleshooting steps? Seems to me you didn't have any idea what to do. I was covering the 'newbie' bases because 90% of the time that solves the problem.

You're the one looking at pictures of internet girls and whatnot. You claimed to have checked the path of it.. but you still ran in? But, I'm just the 'newbie' when it comes to talking to you. Then again, you won't see me posting about a problem that I got from trying to look at a girl on the internet.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Riser buddy o'l pal.

the picture i was looking at was a FRIEND of mine, she sent me the link and she said it was a pic of her and her friend.... it had nothing to do with anything sexual, idiot.

anyway now for some real facts mr i don't post but i been reading for YEARS!! Looks to me like you registerd on 08/27/03 ... which is basically a year and a 1/2... that's not even YEARS. nice try

i been a member for almost 4 yrs it's like 3 and a 1/2 or something so there ya go lol i beat ya.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

riser

Illustrious
I never implied anything sexual, 'idiot.'

And, to read the forums, you don't need to register. You only have to register to post. Now put 2 and 2 together. I registered on that day so I could post.

I've been reading Tomshardware since 98 or 99. Back when they ran a test on DDR and it was running at 150mhz and could peak at 200mhz for a short period of time.

There, I just dated myself.

And for someone who claims they know what they're doing because they have so many posts over so many years, you really should learn how to secure your computer and not click on links from your 'internet girl friend' - It was over the internet, it was a girl, and you claim it's a friend. I won't go into asking if you've ever met her though - yet she's still an 'internet girl friend.' haha.

Go outside or something. Quit the name calling. Don't post if you're going to be an 'idiot' about it. I'm here to help and keep the posting to a point where they're useful.

This post is my 2 cents, I'm done. Now go outside and see what the world looks like.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
lol not bad, i like your style and come backs.. very well done. I can't help myself im from New York. This is our attitude im sorry lol

but anyway whether you believe me or not, it's my cousins friend which is the girl so yes i know the girl and yes i go outside lol

ight nice talkin to ya there riser!

and WUSY!!! i remember you too BUDDY!!!!

I got love for everyone! this is a happy forum KEEP THG alive

later fellow pc users!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

Rob423