Assassin's Creed Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I'm looking at giving the AC series a shot. I've received AC 2 and AC 2: Brotherhood. I haven't ordered AC 1 though.
Simple question: Is it necessary to play the first part to enjoy the subsequent releases? Will I be missing out on something by not playing them in sequence ,i.e, 1, 2 and then Brotherhood?

Solution

You should play AC 1 as well... because in AC Revelations you will be playing (partly) with the character from AC 1; you will also visit places from AC 1. I strongly advise you to play AC 1, in fact, I guess that in Revelations you will be brought to speed with the events from AC 1 and 2, and/or Brotherhood too. And trust me, once you get the hang of it, you can easily overlook the slightly annoying parts in AC 1; of...

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I started playing AC 1 and stopped before the 1st assassination. so many little annoying issues. these were fixed in AC2 though, and i've been enjoying that immensely. just get the basic story of AC1 and you should be fine. most of the game is played as a totally different assassin in a totally different era anyway :)

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks! So AC 1 can be disconnected from AC2 and Brotherhood? I'm reading the gameplay/ plot etc of AC 1 on google (in office right now!), so will that suffice to start from AC 2?

Also, I'm assuming that AC2 should be played before brotherhood bcoz the story is in continuation, unlike AC1 and AC2.....is that right?

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

You should play AC 1 as well... because in AC Revelations you will be playing (partly) with the character from AC 1; you will also visit places from AC 1. I strongly advise you to play AC 1, in fact, I guess that in Revelations you will be brought to speed with the events from AC 1 and 2, and/or Brotherhood too. And trust me, once you get the hang of it, you can easily overlook the slightly annoying parts in AC 1; of course it gets better in AC 2 and Brotherhood, but I still recommend playing the first one too. The game is as beautiful as ever.

Solution
If you haven't played AC 1 or 2 before you should start with AC1, cuz you'll get to know all the moves and fight combos in addition, all the map marks and locations which will help you understand the game, you'll enjoy the story really with AC1 and i don't see any benefit from playing AC2 directly.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you only need to play ac1

if you want to know what happens to damen before he is at the assasins hideout

played the first one of ps3, was boring but managed to finish it

played all the rest on pc, and im glad i did because i perfer the controlls on the pc

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Talk about being unanimous! :D My only concern is that since AC 1 came out quite some time ago, the graphics from back in the day may put me off as compared to AC 2 and Brotherhood, which seem to have relatively better graphics. But then again, Far Cry 1 had pretty amazing graphics, even when compared to Far Cry 2 (which was loads better, no doubt!).

Has Ubisoft managed the same with the graphics in Ac 1 in comparison to AC 2? I mean, both Far Cry 1 and 2 were by Ubisoft and neither of the 2 games' graphics puts me off.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

As a matter of fact, I have tried playing AC 1 when it hit the shelves, and really couldn't as my laptop would overheat like crazy. Then I got the desktop I am now using, and played AC 2, then Brotherhood, and now I am halfway through AC 1, a little backwards. And the graphics @1080p look still amazing. You won't be disappointed. Plus the fact you will be able to visit some locations that are available only in AC 1... do play it, mate :)

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Exactly... play it already! NOW! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.