Frankie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2001
Hi, I have the MSI K7T Pro 2-A Motherboard, which includes the AC97 sound system built into the chipset, I have recently started having problems with the sound, ranging from playing a high pitched tone when trying to play mp3's to the sound just cutting out during games. These problems started after I made two changes to the system, first I replaced my old hard drives with a single 30gig model, second I installed Win98SE (previously I was running win95B which was extremely stable for me). I can't understand how adding the hard drive could have upset the sound, so I am thinking its a problem with windows. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it? I've tried reinstalling the original drivers, updating to the latest drivers (both 4 in 1 and sound drivers) and I've checked in the bios to make sure it is still enabled, all without any success. I am considering going back to Win95B because it was so stable for me, but I also need to know will win95 be able to cope with a 30gig drive??? (sorry I know that bit doesn't belong here but it makes sense to ask all at once)

Thanks for any help!

Steven

My System:
MSI K7T Pro2-A
AMD Duron 800MHz
128MB SDRAM 133
30gig HDD
32MB GeForce2 MX
Win98SE

Uncle_joe

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2001
What a similarity!!!

I have the same mobo, and I had the problem
with my old video card (Diamond Monster Fusion)
whem I installed Win98se over 95B.
F***er wouldn't work in any resolution but
640x480.

And all I did was getting 98SE.

I think that (based on your and mine experience)
those idiots from Microsoft are the cause.