EQ2 Shaman Adept spell question

imgame

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

When do Shaman get to start using Adept version of spells?

Do not edit below this line
ZAPASPAM SERVER 1.0

1aoxAr7agMuHaWNwXk67AA

---

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:42:34 GMT, "imgame" <getlost@getlost.com>
wrote:

>When do Shaman get to start using Adept version of spells?

As soon as you can get an adept version of a spell you are currently
using you can scribe and use it.

__
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulffy 13 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

"imgame" <getlost@getlost.com> wrote in message

> When do Shaman get to start using Adept version of spells?

Spell scrolls are not level restricted, they are skill based so as soon as
you have the required skill (e.g., Fetishes 50) you can scribe the scroll.
Examine the spell scroll to see its requirements. Generally speaking, the
requirements are so low (typically 5 or higher) that it's almost never an
issue and if you have the spell in the first place, you're going to be able
to upgrade to any upgraded version that's available (App III, Adept I, Adept
III).

The tricky part is going to be finding the dropped Adept I, or being able to
afford the costly Adept III (minimally 1g, some sell for 5g). Get used to
the idea that for the vast majority of your character's life most of your
spells are going to be upgraded to App III, a few of them will be Adept I's
and very, very few will be Adept IIIs, and only if you are lucky enough to
find one of the rare components needed to make an Adept III.

--
Redbeard
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Bob Perez wrote:

> "imgame" <getlost@getlost.com> wrote in message
>
> > When do Shaman get to start using Adept version of spells?
>
> Spell scrolls are not level restricted, they are skill based so as soon as
> you have the required skill (e.g., Fetishes 50) you can scribe the scroll.
> Examine the spell scroll to see its requirements. Generally speaking, the
> requirements are so low (typically 5 or higher) that it's almost never an
> issue and if you have the spell in the first place, you're going to be able
> to upgrade to any upgraded version that's available (App III, Adept I, Adept
> III).
>
> The tricky part is going to be finding the dropped Adept I, or being able to
> afford the costly Adept III (minimally 1g, some sell for 5g). Get used to
> the idea that for the vast majority of your character's life most of your
> spells are going to be upgraded to App III, a few of them will be Adept I's
> and very, very few will be Adept IIIs, and only if you are lucky enough to
> find one of the rare components needed to make an Adept III.

That is kind of cool to hear. Just wondering if some of the marketing experts
are going to have AdeptIII on most of their skills.

My paladin wannabe is 16th level, and I haven't seen upgrades for sale on some
of the skills. Not that I have the $ to get that.

wrote:

>When do Shaman get to start using Adept version of spells?

As soon as you can find one.

Good luck. :)

And what's with all the carrots ?