Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Solution
I have not played Assassins Creed on the PC, but the controls are not bad. The aim key was in a awkward location, but I did not mess around with remapping, I already had a 360 controller connected and everything was right where I expected it to be, so I just started using that.

I have not done anything with multiplayer, but the singleplayer is done well. I am not really familiar with the Warhammer universe apart from some of the interesting looking miniatures I see at the local game store and Dawn Of War 2, so I have no idea if/how it fits into the lore. I can still follow what is happening and enjoy the story that is being presented regardless of that.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Yes indeed.
If you like the Warhammer IP / universe then you will love this game no matter what, if this is new to you then you may be underwhelmed. (I love it, you can play a freakin spacemarine \o/ )
Singleplayer is a great campaign but a bit short 8-10 hours. When you finally master controlling your spacemarine it is very cool, not just a button mash.
However..........
Multiplayer at the moment is terribad, relic decided p2p was the way to go, (not all p2p is bad) and im not sure if they actually bothered coding the network elements or just bashed their faces against the keyboard and hit save. Lag lag lag lag waiting for host etc. Occasionally you do get a good host and it is great fun. There is supposed to be a "patch" soon to address these issues.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I have not played Assassins Creed on the PC, but the controls are not bad. The aim key was in a awkward location, but I did not mess around with remapping, I already had a 360 controller connected and everything was right where I expected it to be, so I just started using that.

I have not done anything with multiplayer, but the singleplayer is done well. I am not really familiar with the Warhammer universe apart from some of the interesting looking miniatures I see at the local game store and Dawn Of War 2, so I have no idea if/how it fits into the lore. I can still follow what is happening and enjoy the story that is being presented regardless of that.

Solution

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Keyboard layout works great, I do not like controllers personally so can't comment as to how they handle with spacemarine on PC. Once you get the hang of it though keyboard and mouse is fantastic. There has also been a patch and multiplayer is now a LOT better, much less of a lagfest and more shooty shooty. Loving the assault marine!

played the demo, and saw some reviews. Im definitely not picking this up. If you arent into the 40k universe, then you might not like it either; the combat was extremely repetetive and the story was uninteresting. There are plenty of let's plays to help you make your decision before pulling the trigger on this one.

JerRevo

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Awesome, thanks guys! Going to pick it up this weekend. Played Deus Ex. Was fun but very short. It has one of the best knock out attacks I've seen in a game in a long time. lol I don't want to ruin it for those who have not played it yet.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Best knock out attacks I've seen in a game are the ones in Assassin's Creed series and Splinter Cell Conviction. The ones in Deus Ex looked fine enough, although very unrealistic.

TRENDING THREADS