Can't enter BIOS setup on MSI K7 Master

G

Greetings,

Two days ago I upgraded to an MSI K7 Master mobo with a 1.4Ghz T-Bird. The first day I started the system I went into the BIOS setup and made the adjustments for my processor. Those were tho only changes I made. But as of yesterday, when the system is booting up and I press DEL to enter the BIOS setup I just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner.

The system will boot up just fine, it's only when I try to enter the BIOS that I have problems.

This mobo has a jumper to clear the CMOS and someone had suggested I try doing that. But what if I clear it and STILL can't get into the BIOS? I will be stuck at the default settings which will run my 1.4Ghz at 1050Mhz.

RAM: 512 megs Crucial PC2100 DDR ECC
Power supply: Enermax 350 watts
Video card: Leadtek GeForce 2 Ultra

Does any one have ANY idea how I can fix this problem?

Thanks for any help,

-Rayman

You may be able to upgrade the bios. The only other suggestion is to hold down the insert key while booting. This will overide your current settings and may give you access to the bios. As soon as the screen appears, you have to stop pressing the insert key and press the del key to enter the bios. Your motherboard may have a 133 fsb jumper in addition to the bios setting that has to be enabled to keep your 1400 speed. Check your manual to see if you have this jumper.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was under impression that <b>Insert</b> key only works with <font color=blue>Abit</font color=blue> mobo? Would it also work with his MSI mobo?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

It also works on my chaintech mobo so it may work with the MSI, check the manual......

No way I`m not gonna sign anything without reading it first....