Can't boot system? (SP2)

October 6, 2004 12:07:29 AM

I installed on another computer Windows XP SP2 a minute
ago, and I am no longer to boot the computer. When I
verify with Disable Automatic Reboot In Case of System
Failure (or something to that effect), it tells
me "Inconsistancy in PCI Bus drivers structure", in a
blue screen. It tells me to disable BIOS memory options
like caching or shadowing, or use safe mode.

Safe mode won't work, and I have no idea how to do the
BIOS' disabling of caching/shadowing safely, nor do I
know what it's going to do.

I can also provide the following informations:

0x000000A1 (0xDEAD0010, 0x82E8CD0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance

More about : boot system sp2

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 1:13:58 AM

Also, Last Known Good Configuration refuses to work, as
it needs to access windows. Anything that requires access
to windows won't work at all.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 12:05:08 PM

My Son (25) had same problem after installing SP2 and had
to reinstall XP Pro...and he is very knowledable with
computers...hope this helps...;^)

!