Multiplier lock on pentium 3 chipset? *edit*Help!

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
I have an Intel W6BXA 440BX mobo, And i can't get my damn pIII 450 above 558 MHZ. It won't boot at 133FSB, and 124 is as high as i can get it. The multiplier settings are changeable but appear to have no effect. My question is this: Is there a way to get around the multiplier lock on my P3450? And how can it be done? Again i Have an Impressions W6BXA Intel 440BX chipset motherboard. Any ideas are appreciated.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Captain_Splat on 09/03/01 11:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
damn. Spent all that money on cooling for nothing. Oh well my dad has an ASUS A7M sitting in a box. It's got one of the traces broken near the cpu(screwdriver trying to remove a Golbalwin fop22 or something fan. Big ass fan). Anyone know how to fix a trace? I don't know what kind of equipment i need. The trace is squished against 2 other traces on either side, but the 2 are just fine. Think it would be safe to get a needle and scoop up the squished trace bits, mask the other 2 traces, and get a conductive pen to bridge the gap? I'm not sure if it's broken, could be just shorting against the other2 traces, but i think they have a non-conductive coating.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You might be able to get it to 133FSB by raising the core voltage. If you cannot dothis in BIOS you can still do it by covering certain cantacts with tape. Make a new paost on THAT topic and an old time overclocker might just tell you how.

Back to you Tom...

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you could use a conductive pen to try to close that trace

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
<font color=blue>If it's an Intel mobo and you want to overclock, buy a new Motherboard!</font color=blue>

<font color=green>They don't like overclocking</font color=green>

<font color=red><b>"Can you deal with that!"</b></font color=red>