CoD Black Ops 2?

NorCalLion

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I think Modern times black ops would be sweet. Would have to have some sort of separation and not to step on Activision's toes with Modern Warfare. I'm a fan of WWII stuff, but I don't know where else they could go with that era. I'm sure they could find stories and things to do in either case. Maybe the last decade, modern ops with seals and rangers kinda thing could be cool, but that's kind of a different thing all together than what they've been doing. I dunno, in any case, I hope they put something together and am looking forward to it :D

mr_mac0194

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
But haven't you guys realized that it's a follow-up to WaW, and to change the storyline now without so many questions answered, it'd be confusing to the true CoD and Black Ops fans. There's still Nova 6 gas and all that stuff. Plus, most of the team, Mason, Hudson, and even Woods (only M.I.A., not K.I.A.) are still alive. I'm sure Treyarch's working on something to continue Mason's foggy story. Who know's, Mason may even save Woods ; )

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Black Ops provide a different era i.e the cold war setting and if it being changed to new modern setting then there will be no difference between this and modern warfare series.
All they need to do is to provide some unique story with gameplay that is totally different and more advanced in terms of graphical settings and gameplay.

DeziiNe

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Well lets hope the gameplay is better than black ops. I personally loved the story, sniper crossbows and all that jazz, but the multiplayer was a little bit of a let down. It's fun at times, but ehh...gun game and all that failed miserably. It was no where near as good as they hoped. Not just gun game, but all thw wager matches. When the game first came out, and everyone played it, then it wasn't bad, but now, it's just...boring. Everyone is so pro at the game that it makes it not as fun to play.

Another thing that perhaps...annoyed me a little was the constant updates involving map packs. Always needing to buy more, because if you don't you dip out pretty much, the ammount of games you find with no map packs is stupid. For example, I jumped on about 4 weeks ago before I ended up giving in and buying them, jumped on to multiplayer on Xbox Live, and on a FRIDAY NIGHT, I could not find a single game of search and destroy, team deathmatch or domination. I went and played MW2.

You may think, "Oh you're just too poor to buy them" Well far out, it was an extra $90 to buy all the maps with MS points on top of the $110 I already payed for the damn game. Come on Treyarch. Get with the times. Please fix Black Ops. Make it awesome.

deicidechaos

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Modern day era sell. You see it on the internet, you talk about it at work you see it on the news so people want to see it in there games. So if they were to do the past again they will still still keep mondern day elements...explosive crossbow etc. Either way the game will be on the same engine, and just be a fill in game between Infitry wards titles. Itll probly be buggy and have constant host crashes as blackops does..IMO

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

So you basically want Black Ops 2 to be Modern Warfare 4....

The modern day setting is tired, just like WW2 games got a little tired (although WW2 is one of my favorite eras of history)

Black Ops needs to remain in the "Hot wars" during the Cold war era to give us something in between. Vietnam, Korea etc.