System Lockup

I am at wits end. My machine will freeze up on me
anywhere from 20 minutes on. Reboot from the case is the
only fix. I have reinstalled WIN XP Pro several times and
only the drivers for the particular cards involved. The
system is an Asus P4PE-X motherboard, 512 memory, ATI
video card. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about system lockup
  1. Archived from groups: Re-,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    What is running at this freeze up. Open up event viewer.
    Need help? Open up help and support and search for "event
    viewer"

    Look for red colored events that in application and
    system that relate to time of your error and open, that
    will give you a module(program) maybe a .dll also. Use
    Search companion to look up that program name to isolate
    what is giving you a problem.

Windows XP