ECS K7S5A SiS 735

G

I recently (about 10 minutes ago) purchased an ECS K7S5A SiS 735 motherboard along with an Athlon 1.4 and I was wondering if anyone else has had much experience with this mobo.

When it arrives, is there anything in particular I should keep in mind when setting it up? I've heard that it can be buggy with any SoundBlaster Live card (I have the SB Live X-Gamer) so I'd love to hear from someone who has worked through the bugginess on that combo.

This will be my first attempt at building from scratch so even the most basic info could help. Thanks.

apollyon

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
I think the SB Live bugginess is with the VIA based boards, not the SiS 735 based boards.

Some tips:

Update the BIOS with the latest version (There has been at least 1 new BIOS for it and it brings a noticeable performance improvement.)

Update the AGP and other drivers. Just today SiS released a new AGP driver that apparently improves video related performance some.

Make sure you use the right bus speed and clock multipliers.

I don't have the board, but these are things I have read over the last couple months. For the most part the board is very stable and quite good...from what I've read here and other places.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I don't have this board, but have heard good reviews about it. Welcome to this forum. There is a lot of knowledge here to help you when you get stuck. We all share our corporate knowledge and experience, so no question is a dumb question until you don't ask and decide to something :eek: . We all have been there :eek: before and can remember pulling our head out for a reality check. So post in anyone of these forums anytime. Good luck on your new PC.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men