Abit KG7 MotherBoard

G

Just put Abit KG7 MotherBoard in my PC and cant get it to boot NO BEEPS NO CMOS just blank screen. Also floppy A: drive stays lit. changed it at both ends both ways.Im using 256 MB DDR 2100 RAM just purchased for MB-1GHZ 266 CPU. HELP
Thanks for any advice
casper

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Check all your connections on the M/B, i.e., cables, wires, cards, and jumpers. Especially, check to see if the "Clear CMOS" jumper is not jumpered to clear CMOS. Sometimes, M/B ship with this jumper installed incorrectly, which will give you like symptoms. All it does is reset your BIOS to default. If you have another floppy drive, try swapping it out to see if it is good or not.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Bad or incorrectly seated CPU and/or video card. Or too weak of a power supply.

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

G

changed motherboard and ram on PC. everything worked great on PC before changing MB and RAM also put back old motherboard and everything still worked ok.changed video card, also monitor ,has 300 watt PS,. seated CPU twice on new motherboard and reseated it on old MB just to check it checked out ok.
maybe bios? or bad motherboard so much for ajump.com

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
I am sure you already tried this, check make sure your mb is not grounded on the case itself. If you still are having problems get another one before wty. Runs out.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

G

I was going to get that boad -- raid version. Keep us up dated.

Patrike

Take Care.
What the heck was that all about!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As '<b>Juice</b>' suspected, try it outside the case to see if it boots.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

I just built two comps with KG7-Raid (1400/133) and am happy. I did have one problem with the main USB ports not recognizing devices on start-up (but ok if I unplugged them and then plugged them in again) but solved it with a patch (NOT the USB filter) from the microsoft site... (Windows 98 SE)

Both dropped in to existing setups (formerly KT7-Raid with AMD 1000/100) with no problems...

I am beginning to suspect Abit is shipping some bad hardware.. it is so new and the race was on for DDR...

bottom line... they can work... if yours doesn't, go for the exchange! (Long live local retail)

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hey the KG7R is a great board. There's always a dud or two with every make and model of board, but I have this one and it rocks!!

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad: