Tags:
  • DVD
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 12, 2009 10:09:20 AM

Hi Folks,

I have 3 iso imges.. one of winxp 9 in 1, one of Windows Vista and last one of Windows 7 RC (all are bootable images by themselves). I need a way to burn them into a single DVD so that i can install any one depending upon my requirement.

TIA. :) 

More about : win win vista win dvd

a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2009 10:46:38 AM

After some googling, it seems you're out of luck. A .iso is an image of the entire disk, not just the portion that's being used. Burning an .iso to a disk uses up all the available space, thus it seems you cannot burn multiple .iso's to a single disk.

Interesting idea though... Maybe I'm wrong and someone knows how to do this.
m
l
October 12, 2009 10:58:10 AM

There is a way. It uses a Linux-based bootable CD with a menu that seems to decode ISO's or perhaps compressed files.....

My friend has a bootable CD that has different boot stuff under it, even including different Windows installers, I might ask him how he did it.
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2009 11:10:55 AM

thnks for the replies buddies.....but i guess the question has been miss interpreted. This is wt i want to achieve .... lets say my system boots from CD and i want to dispaly this option

1) Install Windows XP
2) Install Windows Vista
3) Install Windows 7 RC

So once the user enters 1 ....win xp setup should run...
on selection of 2 Vista ...and same for 3.
i have 3 iso images of these 3 OS on my system.

Hope my question is clear
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2009 11:55:02 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you did say 3 images, one disk, right? So how did we misinterpret you?
m
l
October 12, 2009 12:33:29 PM

hmm ...may be then i miss interpreted ur replies then ...sorry for the inconvenience.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2009 1:07:36 PM

No worries.. Keep digging, maybe there is a way to do it. But is it really such a bother to simply make 3 discs?
m
l
October 12, 2009 1:42:13 PM

maintaing 1 disc inplace of 3 dics is worth digging ...isnt it ?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 12, 2009 9:40:55 PM

Great idea, but I don't think you're going to be able to achieve this without using a blu-ray disk. The amount of data you are trying to cram on to a single DVD (even dual layer) might simply be too much.
m
l
October 12, 2009 11:38:04 PM

Yeah, I think A blu-ray is also necessary. You could use a program like IMGburn to save each image as a folder heirarchy, then recompile them into one large image. I'm not programming-minded, so I have no idea how you could get the loading/install screen working.
m
l
October 13, 2009 3:49:15 AM

There is a program called Magic ISO, I did the exact thing your asking about but I did it with Linux distro's. I got tired of burning like 20 CD's to try out different ones so I used one of my DVDRW's and put like 3-5 distro's on it at a time.

One word of advice it takes some getting used too and it took me a few tries to get it right. I got my bootable DVD and it listed all my options but it would not load them lol

Also you can do this under Linux with some hacking and its free but its a lot harder then Magic ISO which is not free and runs in Windows. I think there are ways to do it free in windows to but I found these other ways first.
m
l
October 13, 2009 4:47:56 AM

thnks JonathanDeane,

i have already tried Magic ISO ... i was able to burn the three ISO into a single DVD .. bring up my boot menu on boot up ..but when i selected a particular option...i got a raw format error... (the iso files were converted into bin files by magic iso) so dos coudnt read them.

Then i tried Easy boot ...still trying it now too
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 13, 2009 2:53:20 PM

blu ray is not necessary, DVD DL should be sufficient

a linux boot menu would probably be the way to go, though i have seen a few DVD's with an onboard windows boot menu (the one i have has vista 32bit and 64 bit on one DVD)
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 14, 2009 4:12:11 AM

dual layer won't be enough space if you do 64 bit Vista and 7, then 32 bit Vista and 7, plus XP. Combined image sizes run about 12.5GB. only 64, or only 32 bit, plus XP in either case would work, but the point of an AIO DVD disk is just that.... All In One. Depends on what the OP wants to do...
m
l
October 14, 2009 6:07:49 AM

Sir,

The discussion is being deviated from the topic...it dosent matter where i actually burn it DVD, Double DL DVD, or a Blu Ray Disk....wt really matters it how do we burn it :) 
m
l
October 14, 2009 3:41:20 PM

Descrption:
Are you looking for the tools that has the ability to make a MultiBoot windows CD? Yes, MagicISO can help you.

MagicISO is a ISO CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool , it can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly make ISO files from your CD/DVD-ROM or hard disk. At the same time, you can maintain the ISO bootable information, thus creating your own bootable CD/DVDs. You now have the power to make and edit your own ISO files, and then burn them to CD/DVD for your own needs.

MagicISO is in sole possession of the intellectualized ISO document format analyzer, it can process at the present time almost all types of image files, including ISO and BIN, it may even support new image files which are yet to be created. MagicISO can open these image files, directly extract files and folders, edit it and convert other image files to the standard ISO format.

MagicISO uses the double window unification user contact interface, you have the choice to only use the quick buttons and/or the mouse Drag & Drops, you can handle any CD/DVD image file easily.

Main Features:

Can directly edit the ISO image file.

Can directly extract files and folders from ISO image file

Can add / delete /create new directory /rename ISO file image content.

Can make ISO file from hard disk document.

Can create CD/DVD image from CD/DVD-ROM, maintain bootable information.

Can process the compact disc boot information, you can directly add/remove/extract boot image of the ISO image.

Supports nearly all known CD/DVD image file formats (.ISO, .BIN, .IMG, .CIF, .NRG, .BWI and so on) , and converts them to the standard ISO form image.

May directly set the file/folder to hidden attribute

Supports ISO 9660 Level1/2/3 and Joliet extension

Automatically optimizes the ISO image file structure, saves the disc space.

Supports the shell document type integration, Open Image files through double clicking them or the Right Click menu of the mouse with the open dialog.

The double window user interface is extremely convenient to use.

Can create ALL in 1 bootable compact discs, CD/DVD image file management, even the virtual CD/DVD drive , those functions are really powerful.

Can directly burn iso imae onto CD-R/RW,DVD-R/RW,DVD+R/RW

Lifted from : http://www.free-news-release.com/Make-a-MultiBoot-windo...

Everything you need to make a Multiboot DVD.
Ohh the wonders of typing 'Windows Multiboot disk' into google -.-
m
l
October 15, 2009 11:52:34 AM

Well i don't know that how can you burn this cd. I think you need to contact with the person who is related to this field. Although i am related to this field but i don't have a vast experience. I am in learning process.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 15, 2009 2:39:25 PM

I could see still wanting to hold onto XP (though I don't see the necessity), but once getting 7, I really don't see the desire to keep Vista. While I do like Vista and have no issues with it... I likely won't go back to it once I've upgraded.
m
l
October 20, 2009 5:20:33 AM

I am close in getting the desired result. Hopefully will post the method here soon :bounce: 
m
l
!