V265 Antenna Question

Last response: in Network Providers
November 28, 2004 9:41:09 PM

Would some v265 owner tell me if the phone has an external antenna
port or socket? Thanks.

Jim

More about : v265 antenna question

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 9:55:08 AM

Justan Oldfart wrote:

> Would some v265 owner tell me if the phone has an external antenna
> port or socket? Thanks.
>
> Jim

Unless you can find an antenna that plugs into the accessory port the
answer is no. I checked the manual also and there is no mention of an
external antenna.

LB
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:32:08 AM

If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there should be
an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might check
http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they have
the adapter cable for it.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:41AB0E1C.20B910B1@optonline.net...
> Justan Oldfart wrote:
>>
>> Would some v265 owner tell me if the phone has an external antenna
>> port or socket? Thanks.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Unless you can find an antenna that plugs into the accessory port the
> answer is no. I checked the manual also and there is no mention of an
> external antenna.
>
> LB
November 29, 2004 6:20:06 PM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:32:08 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
<goethe11@lycos.com> wrote:

> If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there should be
>an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might check
>http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they have
>the adapter cable for it.

Thanks Tom. Since the service reps didn't have a clue I went
in to Circuit City to look at the phone and yes it does have an
antenna jack covered by a rubber plug at the base of the antenna. None
of the accessory providers have a specific listing yet for a v265
antenna cable because it's new I suppose. The jack looks like it
probably is a standard Moto jack so the question is will a cable for
another Moto phone model fit it? The reason I'm looking is I have an
external antenna on my home's roof that I have used with previous
phones and I would like to continue to use it. Thanks.

Jim
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 7:57:21 PM

Jim,

What you might do is take a look at some other Motorolas and see if the
connector matches any of them. They use several styles, unfortunately. If it
matches one, you might try ordering an adapter cable for that phone and see
if it works. Or you can wait until someone releases one. I did just check
the Motorola site and they don't list the professional install kit for the
265, but that usually lags behind the introduction of a phone.. Wish I could
be more help! Good luck!

--
Thomas M. Goethe

"Justan Oldfart" <retired@nojob.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:32:08 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
> <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote:
>
>> If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there should
>> be
>>an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might check
>>http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they
>>have
>>the adapter cable for it.
>
> Thanks Tom. Since the service reps didn't have a clue I went
> in to Circuit City to look at the phone and yes it does have an
> antenna jack covered by a rubber plug at the base of the antenna. None
> of the accessory providers have a specific listing yet for a v265
> antenna cable because it's new I suppose. The jack looks like it
> probably is a standard Moto jack so the question is will a cable for
> another Moto phone model fit it? The reason I'm looking is I have an
> external antenna on my home's roof that I have used with previous
> phones and I would like to continue to use it. Thanks.
>
> Jim

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:17:57 PM

Justan Oldfart wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:32:08 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
> <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> > If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there should be
> >an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might check
> >http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they have
> >the adapter cable for it.
>
> Thanks Tom. Since the service reps didn't have a clue I went
> in to Circuit City to look at the phone and yes it does have an
> antenna jack covered by a rubber plug at the base of the antenna. None
> of the accessory providers have a specific listing yet for a v265
> antenna cable because it's new I suppose. The jack looks like it
> probably is a standard Moto jack so the question is will a cable for
> another Moto phone model fit it? The reason I'm looking is I have an
> external antenna on my home's roof that I have used with previous
> phones and I would like to continue to use it. Thanks.
>
> Jim

I just compared the fitting on my V265 (who knew it was buried there?)
to what looks like the exposed fitting on a V60 and the V265 appears
smaller.

LB
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:34:42 PM

If I can remember, I'll compare my T720 to my wife's V60i. I just looked
at one of the company 120's and the connector looks the same as the T720,
but I know that Canyon River sells a different cable for those two phones.
It might just have to do with the shape of the phone, but I'll see if the
cable I have for the T720 will fit the 120. I know the 120 one has a longer
plug.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:41ABA015.83091930@optonline.net...
> Justan Oldfart wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:32:08 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
>> <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>> > If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there
>> > should be
>> >an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might
>> >check
>> >http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they
>> >have
>> >the adapter cable for it.
>>
>> Thanks Tom. Since the service reps didn't have a clue I went
>> in to Circuit City to look at the phone and yes it does have an
>> antenna jack covered by a rubber plug at the base of the antenna. None
>> of the accessory providers have a specific listing yet for a v265
>> antenna cable because it's new I suppose. The jack looks like it
>> probably is a standard Moto jack so the question is will a cable for
>> another Moto phone model fit it? The reason I'm looking is I have an
>> external antenna on my home's roof that I have used with previous
>> phones and I would like to continue to use it. Thanks.
>>
>> Jim
>
> I just compared the fitting on my V265 (who knew it was buried there?)
> to what looks like the exposed fitting on a V60 and the V265 appears
> smaller.
>
> LB
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 9:05:46 PM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:17:57 -0500, LB@notmine.com wrote:

>Justan Oldfart wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:32:08 -0500, "Thomas M. Goethe"
>> <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>> > If there is a professional install handsfree kit for it, there should be
>> >an antenna port, probably on the back under a rubber plug. You might check
>> >http://www.cellantenna.com or http://www.canyonriver.com to see if they have
>> >the adapter cable for it.
>>
>> Thanks Tom. Since the service reps didn't have a clue I went
>> in to Circuit City to look at the phone and yes it does have an
>> antenna jack covered by a rubber plug at the base of the antenna. None
>> of the accessory providers have a specific listing yet for a v265
>> antenna cable because it's new I suppose. The jack looks like it
>> probably is a standard Moto jack so the question is will a cable for
>> another Moto phone model fit it? The reason I'm looking is I have an
>> external antenna on my home's roof that I have used with previous
>> phones and I would like to continue to use it. Thanks.
>>
>> Jim
>
>I just compared the fitting on my V265 (who knew it was buried there?)
>to what looks like the exposed fitting on a V60 and the V265 appears
>smaller.
>
>LB

My old Nokias were like that. Everytime a new series came out the
antenna port was a different size and I had to buy new cables. Lucky
the cables are cheap.

Jim
!