AladdinV Stability Problems: Suggestions?

G

I've got a Gateway K6-2 system, 475MHz, MSI MS-5185 (OEM version) w/On-board ATI Rage Pro Video. I am just sick of problems I have with it (3D games crashing, Crashes when Multitasking, Rebooting when installing stuff, and I can't even Run Win 98 1st Ed. stable on it, g2 use 2000 Pro), first does anybody have any suggestions on making this better? I personally believe that a new VIA MVP3/4 based mATX motherboard is a possiblity to fix these issues. Any suggestions where I could find one (Preferably integrated Video and Sound? I was looking at PC CHips M599-LMR using SiS 530 chipset, looks like the perfect board for me. Video, Sound, Modem, LAN all on-board. Anybody know anything about SiS 530? Maybe at the same time a decently priced K6-III(+) CPU? Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Socket 7 motherboards are currently more expensive than Socket A, and K6-III's are more expensive than Durons, so if your going to replace the motherboard, you might as well go with a new Duron and that ECS SiS 735 chipset board for around $100 total.

Back to you Tom...